Page 273 of 390 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

If NDSU wins this game can we get a 4 year moratorium on the "haven't seen speed like this before" argument?
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    So is it only teams from FCS or lower-tier FBS conferences that can be tough? I hate that the argument against Oregon's claims of superior physical ability is so often "they are soft" ... "they don't have the will to win" or the sort. The Ducks won multiple games in which they trailed by 10+ points in last season, including Washington (in Seattle) and USC (in LA). They trailed 3 different times against both Washington State (including with less than a minute to play) and Wisconsin. They won all four of those games. That doesn't sound like the profile of a team that is easily defeated mentally. Make whatever argument you want for NDSU's chances of winning the game but this one just doesn't hold water.
    Pac 10 is soft compared to other P5 conferences so playing each other "tough" isn't really all that tough.
    "

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Pac 10 is soft compared to other P5 conferences so playing each other "tough" isn't really all that tough.
    "
    Ahh - got it. That makes so much more sense. Thanks for setting me straight.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    That's incredibly impressive that Lance went 28:0 on TD-INT ratio as a freshman. Watching the JMU game he looked more like a Tim Tebow or Jermiah Masoli, but I've watched his highlights since then and he can definitely sling it. He can throw some ropes. Puts a bit too much air under it at times, but I think that's better than a pure fastball guy; gives pass catchers a chance to make a play.

It also looks like Lance handles pressure really well, and can obviously turn it up field. We gave up a few plays to dual threat QBs last year, although we were shutting down their pass. Auburn's Bo Nix made some plays with his legs. Cal only got one TD on a lucky first drive, but their QB Modster gashed us a few times.

Oregon did lead the P-5 in interceptions, with 20 at 1.4 per game. Some of these things are kind of obvious, but the strategy is this: shut down the middle on running downs (top-10 in YPC), be aggressive with pre-snap movements to confuse the QB (out of teams that saw as many/more passing attempts only Georgia and LSU forced worse QB ratings), and then come after the QB with good edge rushers and creative blitzes (top-10 in P-5 in sacks). Of course everyone wants to do that on defense, but after we went through a stretch of pillows defense and were depleted on talent on that side it has been fun to watch as an Oregon fan. Holding five opponents without a TD, and another at 7 points, is something we hadn't done since LBJ was president.

From what I read on here y'all have a good left tackle. That might be the match-up to watch, Radunz vs our own 2019 star freshman who wears #5. I'm sure you're already tired of hearing about Kayvon Thibodeaux, but he will be one of the keys in this game. In addition to his 9 sacks, where he didn't start until halfway though the season, I counted 3 INTs that were a direct result of his hits on the QB. He also caused so many false starts and holding penalties that it made a huge difference. If you want to watch his highlights, not for some shitty internet message board scouting but because unique football players are fun to watch, his highlights that start getting really good at 2:20 in:

Ummmmmm…….yeah...…. that dude is a stud. Lightning quick at every snap in that vid. May need to use a little hard count action just to slow him down juuuuussstttt a little at least...geez.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Glad you watched more than just the title game to get your impression of Lance because anyone that only watches that game is missing 50% of his skills and abilities imo. The game plan that day was to beat JMU so they put Lance in a position to do just that. You can watch many other games this year where it flat out demoralized teams with his arm, or combo of moving around/out of the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield to throw a strike.
    Exactly. Saw some chatter on social media that Lance cant throw. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Ummmmmm…….yeah...…. that dude is a stud. Lightning quick at every snap in that vid. May need to use a little hard count action just to slow him down juuuuussstttt a little at least...geez.
    And or chip with RB or TE and then dump to chipper for some good yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Remember we'll have Seth Wilson back. I think he'll surprise some O fans.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Remember we'll have Seth Wilson back. I think he'll surprise some O fans.
    He’ll need to be 100% or better than his old self to surprise the Ducks IMO.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And or chip with RB or TE and then dump to chipper for some good yards.

Yep some well planned screens will get him thinking a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yep some well planned screens will get him thinking a little.
    Yeah but by the sound of it he might have an eight foot vertical leap so...

I’ll say this, he WAS damn impressive in that Rose Bowl.
    Don't believe everything you think.