Page 266 of 390 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by nogerO View Post
    I guarantee you that this game has the full attention of the Oregon Ducks coaches and players. They respect champions...
    Hey nogerO, nice to see you here.
    The Bison, my second favorite team for many years, will not be overlooked by the Ducks. Any arrogant talk to the contrary by the players will be taken car of quickly. A quality opponent is a good thing to have.

Quote Originally Posted by nogerO View Post
    I get being excited for your team and all but come on guy, don't be ignorant and insulting at the same time...I can tell you I have it on good authority that the only concern that all those 4 and 5 stars care about is whether Uncle Phil's jet ranger helicopter has landed yet so we can go ahead and play now...Yes I know you were being sarcastic.
    Is he giving so much money to Oregon that he can't afford a better chopper?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Easy to say that. With Ohio St the next week, this is doubtful.
    Nevertheless it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    3 of the 5 All-Pro offensive linemen were 4 star dudes at Notre Dame.

Ronnie Stanley - 4 star recruit.
    Quenton Nelson - 4 star recruit.
    Zack Nelson - 4 star recruit.

Ryan Ramczyk was originally a Winona State guy lmao
    Jason Kelce was a walk-on running back.

So 3/5 of the guys were blue chip pampered recruits at one of the historic football schools. Turns out when you put a bunch of 4 and 5 star guys together, there is a lot of competition for playing time. Seems like a broad generalization to say they are pampered and individualistic.

Alabama is stacked with 4 and 5 star guys and those guys do not appear to be soft in any way, shape, or form. I'm sure some guys let their high school success get to their head, but I would think (PL and CAS could offer insight) that when they show up on campus they probably get that knocked out of them.

I do think you may have a point about guys being early bloomers and getting recruited highly as a result, but that's just how it is sometimes.
    How come I am not surprised you would have to mention, I mean go into detail about your beloved Notre Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    How come I am not surprised you would have to mention, I mean go into detail about your beloved Notre Dame.
    Ahhh yes...when you cant debate the substance...

They could have all went to Texas, or Ohio State, or any big program that pulls in 4-5 star guys. It wouldnt matter. Point is plenty of these dudes who have been "pampered" have found a way to become all-pro players.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Why am I not surprised that one of your illogical strawmen could be destroyed so easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Ahhh yes...when you cant debate the substance...

They could have all went to Texas, or Ohio State, or any big program that pulls in 4-5 star guys. It wouldnt matter. Point is plenty of these dudes who have been "pampered" have found a way to become all-pro players.
    Esp when you consider that proportionally there are more 4and5 stars that make the NFL than 0-3 stars. Just a numbers game. Only 40 ish 5 stars 300 ish 4 stars and 4000 3 stars every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yep, just like their team, nothing exceptional about their arrogance either. Typical blah blah blah...

Hi Pot, I'm Kettle!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    Hi Pot, I'm Kettle!
    Oh come on now, an FCS team claiming they’ll beat you and giving you shit like this has GOT TO BE exceptional, but perhaps I’m wrong there.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Oh come on now, an FCS team claiming they’ll beat you and giving you shit like this has GOT TO BE exceptional, but perhaps I’m wrong there.
    It is exceptional arrogance, yes.

Confidence in a team I can appreciate however. The ignorance lobbed back about Oregon has been pretty funny.
    Except when CAS called us an air-raid. I became upset.