Page 184 of 390 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Another Duck_uck here to puff chest and tell Bison fans how talented the Duckies are and how this always wins games. The Bison only losing 8 games in 10 years and several FBS P5 victories during that time tells me they can compete. Then again all this Quack intimidation has me really worried so as MNLonghorn would post, 52-7.
    He didn’t say any of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Also Cristobal made special note of playing a team in our opener who had won 40 straight games last night during a NSD dinner in Portland and didn’t mention tOSU.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    He didn’t say any of that?

Yeah what? I’m just pointing out how useless that string of scores is.

I honestly haven’t seen much chest puffing at all in this thread. I, along with pretty much every other duck poster, have a ton of respect for NDSU. We just think Oregon is a clear step above Iowa/KSU, both in talent on the roster and team success.
    Last edited by seaduck; 02-06-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Thumbs up Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I personally don't think they will prepare much different than a year when they don't play an FBS to open the season. The goal is, and always will be, another national championship. They will spend the off season working on being the best team that they can be come week one, and that doesn't matter if they're playing the Ducks, the Dukes or the Dumb asses to the north of us.

Once they get closer to game week, sure they will focus on figuring out strengths/weaknesses in the opponents game and scheming against it. Now, that's not to say that the coaching staff isn't already preparing notes based on last season for each team on our schedule and trying to find weaknesses/tendencies and ways to exploit them.

But, using your same logic, you would assume that the Ducks will be focusing on beating THE Ohio State University who is a perennial top 10 FBS and could act as a springboard to the playoffs with a win.
    As any great team should do... (your first & second paragraph)

How do NDSU fans feel about the runningback position?

Probably the deepest position they have. Lost 2 from last year but really just one, will have 2 of their top 3(Cofield & Johnson) as well as what was probably considered the RB1(Seth Wilson) going into fall camp last year before he tore his ACL. Also have a kid(Jalen Bussey) who redhsirted last year but played the 4 games. Bussey is small but an absolute burner. Idk his 100 meter high school times off the top but they are really impressive.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Deep! Deepest and probably the most talented group that we’ve had.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Another Duck_uck here to puff chest and tell Bison fans how talented the Duckies are and how this always wins games. The Bison only losing 8 games in 10 years and several FBS P5 victories during that time tells me they can compete. Then again all this Quack intimidation has me really worried so as MNLonghorn would post, 52-7.
    NDSU has my complete respect for what they have accomplished over the last 10 years in the win column both at the FCS and FBS level.

That being said, I think the notion that Oregon is an FBS school, therefore they are every bit as beatable as the other FBS schools NDSU has beaten is not really accurate. This is not me saying NDSU doesn't have a chance/can't win, I just think lining up K-State, Iowa, Oregon and calling them equals is far from accurate. While I think both Iowa and K-State are quality teams and quality programs, neither of them possessed the talent and depth that the current Oregon team has. Again, this is not me saying NDSU can't/won't compete, it's me saying that making a generalization that because NDSU has beaten good FBS program in the past means they will do it again is probably inaccurate because the scenarios are not really the same.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Honestly, I would give two shits about it. I haven’t memorized any of your score lines. I look at depth charts, returning experience, and match up issues.

I saw 180 pound corners, one backer over 225 and both DTs under 290. I see the 4th quarter being tough row to hoe for NDSU. I’ve already seen the rebuttals to this about rotation and invoking the spirit of Bison past. It’s a really tough matchup for your inexperienced and light DL.
    You are overvaluing size. Good, strong, explosive 280lb linemen can easily hold their own against 320lb guys. It has far more to do with scheme, execution and the skill level of players. I wouldn’t mind having a larger, athletic back but we’ve done well with 210 lb guys

Also, RSoph Saybein Clark.

He will be the biggest body in the NDSU backfield at 6' 1" 206#.

He ran for over 4,100 in high school. I was surprised that he didn't blossom much last season.....hoping he will in 2020.

Someone on here help me.....wasn't he dinged up in fall camp?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    You are overvaluing size. Good, strong, explosive 280lb linemen can easily hold their own against 320lb guys. It has far more to do with scheme, execution and the skill level of players. I wouldn’t mind having a larger, athletic back but we’ve done well with 210 lb guys
    If you’re going to be light, you better have length/explosiveness. You can absolutely hold up being 280 pounds but if you’re 280 and lack length and quickness... well, good luck.