Page 75 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I agree. I was just responding to the notion that Oregon has trouble recruiting quality QBs. Silly and uninformed statement.
    Well, they did have to bring in Vernon Adams one year. And they are talking about bringing in a grad transfer next year. It's not so much that they don't recruit good quarterbacks, but they don't seem to have consistently reliable young backups that are ready to start after their seniors graduate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I will do no such thing. Our season ended 3 days ago, there was a week ago. It’s not a matter of overhyping an up coming opponent, it’s ignoring the first opponent on the schedule that could derail their entire season. It shows what some may already know and that their fans attitude towards their game with us is an afterthought and will ultimately reflect on the mindset of the Oregon players.
    What the fans talk about in freaking January has no bearing on if the teams going to overlook somebody.

This is like ndsu hosting western Florida and then playing James Madison the following week. Would most of bisonville chatter be on WF or JMU? Our JMU thread would be 6 pages. WF wouldnt even have a thread

Of course they're going more focused on Ohio state.. it'll be ABC primetime night game, gameday, huge playoff implications right off the bat but probably most importantly its at Autzen...not some cross country neutral field shit like jerry world or Mercedes benz dome.

Do you really think its the right thing to focus on NDSU with Ohio st being week 2 all off season?

Oregon playing Ohio State the week after playing NDSU will be to the Bison's benefit.

No matter how seriously Oregon takes NDSU, their mind (or part of it) will be on Ohio State and getting ready for that game.
    That will increase the chances the Oregon players will take NDSU more lightly than they should; it will increase the chance the coaches overlook something about the Bison they shouldn't.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ya if we were playing a D2 and then a P5 following week I wouldn’t care at all about the D2 so I totally get OR fans not caring about our game though I guarantee the really knowledgeable one are nervous about our game. I don’t understand why Pac12 are scheduling us. I’m super glad they are but it makes no sense from their standpoint...especially for Oregon. Win or lose they will be more beat up going into the Buckeye game than against just about anyone else they could have played.

Btw, as in Oregon’s case with us, this game could potentially cause us to overlook and be spent before playing A&T the following week. I’d love to roll them but they probably are a mid ranked playoff team with enough athleticism to give us a run for our money if we don’t bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Btw, as in Oregon’s case with us, this game could potentially cause us to overlook and be spent before playing A&T the following week. I’d love to roll them but they probably are a mid ranked playoff team with enough athleticism to give us a run for our money if we don’t bring it.
    It looks like we play Drake at home the week after Oregon. I’d argue we don’t need much prep for that game. A&T the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    It looks like we play Drake at home the week after Oregon. I’d argue we don’t need much prep for that game. A&T the following week.
    Forgot Drake is second. Awesome, good scheduling

Ya if we were playing a D2 and then a P5 following week I wouldn’t care at all about the D2 so I totally get OR fans not caring about our game though I guarantee the really knowledgeable one are nervous about our game. I don’t understand why Pac12 are scheduling us. I’m super glad they are but it makes no sense from their standpoint...especially for Oregon. Win or lose they will be more beat up going into the Buckeye game than against just about anyone else they could have played.
    1st of all, everyone should subscribe to "The Solid Verbal Podcast". VERY fun college football podcast, and they are absolutely not ignorant to NDSU dominance.
    They came out to the Colgate Playoff game and were blown away haha.

Anyways, one of the hosts is a Oregon Grad, and he said that the NDSU game is already giving him nightmares. He 100% is not overlooking this game is is horrified that Ohio State is the next week haha!
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Well, they did have to bring in Vernon Adams one year. And they are talking about bringing in a grad transfer next year. It's not so much that they don't recruit good quarterbacks, but they don't seem to have consistently reliable young backups that are ready to start after their seniors graduate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    And we had Mertens for 2 years and followed it up with a year experimenting with Jose before Brock really was healthy and stuck.

There are 100+ FBS schools. Try and name 10 that CONSISTENTLY recruit better QBs. I can't.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Forgot Drake is second. Awesome, good scheduling
    great we already overlooked Drake...