Page 192 of 390 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Sewell might be the #1 overall pick in next year’s draft. He’s a generational talent. Jones has the tools to be 1st round. It’s really not even a debate with Sewell.
    He said 3 Linemen. Pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey, at least I didn't wish you would get carried away by insects.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Compared to the past then, or ....?

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Convenient that that time frame includes the 2 worst years in the last 20.

I thought it was relevant since you wanted to compare both teams and programs. However, Oregon next year will likely finish with a better record than 2016 Iowa.

I dont think the programs are as far off as Duck fans let off.

Quote Originally Posted by cas4127 View Post
    compared to the past then, or .... Itself? Or ... ???

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    lol............
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    That’s lower SUB-division opponent.

Such an outcome is extremely unlikely. So unlikely that it is not worth pondering fan reaction really.

If the fan base melts down after the loss that will just be a reflection of average fan ignorance. There is a very real chance that NDSU can win this game and it is nowhere near asymptotic to zero.

Are all of you FBS fans aware of the fact that FCS playoff teams play an extended season? Last year NDSU played sixteen games, the year before fifteen and the year before that fifteen and so on. So our previous year freshmen (Rfr) who played in all games are actually a third of their way through an FBS sophomore season in real game experience. Similarly our sophomores are 2.66 FBS seasons of game experience, Juniors essentially 4 years and so on. Any extra credit for our crew having more experience in-game than yours?

How about the scholarship difference? Are any of you aware of how the two sub-divisions differ there? FBS has 85 and FCS has 63. But it’s a little more nuanced than that. NDSU may actually have 85 scholarship players on their roster, just like Oregon. DId you know that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not sure many "experts" know all this themselves. Heck, some of the "experts" think the best FCS team is worse than the #130 ranked FBS team. Not all, but some, and how they are experts is a mystery.
    Hail the BISON!!!

And a hell ova lot more think that the worst P5 is automatically better than any G5 or FCS team.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    And a hell ova lot more think that the worst P5 is automatically better than any G5 or FCS team.
    They are definitely better than about the bottom 2/3 of the FBS and on a single game basis could probably challenge/beat all but about 15-20 schools. That being said, I'm not certain they could make it through any power 5 conference schedule above .500. Its one thing to take down a power 5 team the first or second game of the season and a whole other to play and beat those teams on a week in and week out basis.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    That’s lower SUB-division opponent.

Such an outcome is extremely unlikely. So unlikely that it is not worth pondering fan reaction really.

If the your fan base melts down after the loss that will just be a reflection of average fan ignorance. There is a very real chance that NDSU can win this game and it is nowhere near asymptotic to zero.

Are all of you FBS fans aware of the fact that FCS playoff teams play an extended season? Last year NDSU played sixteen games, the year before fifteen and the year before that fifteen and so on. So our previous year freshmen (Rfr) who played in all games are actually a third of their way through an FBS sophomore season in real game experience. Similarly our sophomores are 2.66 FBS seasons of game experience, Juniors essentially 4 years and so on. Any extra credit for our crew having more experience in-game than yours?

How about the scholarship difference? Are any of you aware of how the two sub-divisions differ there? FBS has 85 and FCS has 63. But it’s a little more nuanced than that. NDSU may actually have 85 scholarship players on their roster, just like Oregon. DId you know that?

What matchups give you confidence you can win this game?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    They are definitely better than about the bottom 2/3 of the FBS and on a single game basis could probably challenge/beat all but about 15-20 schools. That being said, I'm not certain they could make it through any power 5 conference schedule above .500. Its one thing to take down a power 5 team the first or second game of the season and a whole other to play and beat those teams on a week in and week out basis.
    Yes that last thing you said there is most often heard right after NDSU knocks off an opponent in the next weight class up.

“Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but ...”

Fortunately for NDSU they only have to play one of these FBS monsters per year so most of that nonsense does not apply.

Don't believe everything you think.