Page 191 of 390 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    As a hypothetical, what would be the fan reaction if NDSU went to Oregon and lost by 40? Probably not a likely outcome, but it's not unrealistic to say that it could happen.

Again, this is not a prediction, or meant to ruffle any feathers, its just an honest question.

From an Oregon standpoint, the fanbase would meltdown in epic fashion if the Ducks lost the game. Its really a no-win situation from Oregon's standpoint. Fans would be really upset with a loss, and still not very happy if they squeaked out a win against a lower-division opponent.
    It isn't much of a win/ anything situation for the Bison either. These games do mean a lot of money for the program and they are already difficult to schedule. If the Bison win, it not only ends the ducks season on week one, no P5 school will ever schedule the Bison again.

The duck fans don't get it but the chances are about the same as one of the midrange pac 12 schools upsetting them. First game of the season where depth won't be much of a factor, a few bad plays here and there, and if the Bison grind the clock down out could get ugly.

Other than games already scheduled that might get bought out, nobody touches this program as it does nothing positive for a P5 school. Do the ducks lose? Probably not. Can the ducks lose? Sure. They aren't playing a team afraid of anyone. It might take 3 1/2 quarters for the Bison to figure out they weren't supposed to be there and then it might be too late.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Convenient that that time frame includes the 2 worst years in the last 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no more convenient than NDSU playing Oregon when you have the team that you have next season.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

You really can’t project the talent of this team based on the past. This is the most talented roster we’ve had.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Maybe we should see if this parking meter has any eligibility left since we have an available scholarship. I'm digging the Mike Pereira comment.

https://twitter.com/gamgeeeeee/statu...40793042112512

Edit: sorry - wrong thread. Mods feel free to move.
    And I just broke rib....
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    I hope you and your family get carried away by ants.
    Jesus dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It is no more convenient than NDSU playing Oregon when you have the team that you have next season.
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    NDSU is well known (not nearly as much as Oregon) for a well run S & C program.

Having a 300+ pound lineman isn't difficult. But getting them at or beyond 300# without looking like they swallowed a small child can be a big challenge.

NDSU has done a great job with this concept. I love this pic from Bison Illustrated.

These 6 guys averaged 306# on the 2018 roster, but don't have the unsightly enormous gut that is seen on a lot dudes that heavy.

https://www.bisonillustrated.com/vet...ffensive-line/
    Wow, four of those six guys in the picture will probably have spent some time on a NFL roster within the next few years. The older Volson, Tanner, is already there.

In regards to the conversation (not meant as a reply to you Izzy) about the interior DL being tired at the end of the game and inexperienced/unknown, no on being tire as they rotate way too much. Yes on the inexperienced/unknown if we were referring to the 2019 season. A lot of these youngsters will be ready in 2020 and much improved.
    Hail the BISON!!!

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    Jesus dude.
    Its my way too early lame smack. Get used to it, as it will exponentially get worse.

Default NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    You really can’t project the talent of this team based on the past. This is the most talented roster we’ve had.
    Compared to the past then, or .... itself? Or ... ???

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    As a hypothetical, what would be the fan reaction if NDSU went to Oregon and lost by 40? Probably not a likely outcome, but it's not unrealistic to say that it could happen.

Again, this is not a prediction, or meant to ruffle any feathers, its just an honest question.

From an Oregon standpoint, the fanbase would meltdown in epic fashion if the Ducks lost the game. Its really a no-win situation from Oregon's standpoint. Fans would be really upset with a loss, and still not very happy if they squeaked out a win against a lower-division opponent.
    That’s lower SUB-division opponent.

Such an outcome is extremely unlikely. So unlikely that it is not worth pondering fan reaction really.

If the your fan base melts down after the loss that will just be a reflection of average fan ignorance. There is a very real chance that NDSU can win this game and it is nowhere near asymptotic to zero.

Are all of you FBS fans aware of the fact that FCS playoff teams play an extended season? Last year NDSU played sixteen games, the year before fifteen and the year before that fifteen and so on. So our previous year freshmen (Rfr) who played in all games are actually a third of their way through an FBS sophomore season in real game experience. Similarly our sophomores are 2.66 FBS seasons of game experience, Juniors essentially 4 years and so on. Any extra credit for our crew having more experience in-game than yours?

How about the scholarship difference? Are any of you aware of how the two sub-divisions differ there? FBS has 85 and FCS has 63. But it’s a little more nuanced than that. NDSU may actually have 85 scholarship players on their roster, just like Oregon. DId you know that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.