Page 102 of 390 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    But they’re closer to BAMA, Clemson and tOSU than they are to Iowa and Kansas State. As for the 0 NC’s they’ve played for 2 and got screwed out of a 3rd. NDSU has an incredible D II, FCS record, but anyone that thinks that FBS and FCS are even close to the same animal is kidding themselves. It’s Varsity vs Jr. Varsity. FCS loses 9 out of 10 games they play vs FBS.
    Thats what many get wrong. NDSU has been a top 25-40 caliber team since 2011. Cant look at the FCS label. Which I know you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    NDSU could pull it off. The true asshats are the ones thinking Oregon will win 50-3.
    Granted, there are a few arguments why Bison could win next year. But with the defense Oregon will field next year, someone could seriously argue that NDSU scoring more than 3 points outside of garbage time is optimistic.

Granted, there are a few arguments why Bison could win next year. But with the defense Oregon will field next year, someone could seriously argue that NDSU scoring more than 3 points outside of garbage time is optimistic.
    But do they have a masked fan that makes videos?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

But they’re closer to BAMA, Clemson and tOSU than they are to Iowa and Kansas State. As for the 0 NC’s they’ve played for 2 and got screwed out of a 3rd. NDSU has an incredible D II, FCS record, but anyone that thinks that FBS and FCS are even close to the same animal is kidding themselves. It’s Varsity vs Jr. Varsity. FCS loses 9 out of 10 games they play vs FBS.
    FWIW, the final 2019 Sagarin ratings have Oregon 11 points behind LSU and NDSU 15 points behind Oregon so the gaps aren't that much different.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I know we are rehashing a lot of things, but which is why I think this being Game 1 can somewhat help NDSU. Im seeing UO will have 2 true frosh starters at LB? I guess Id rather face that Game 1 then a month later. Plus you add Ohio St. the next week which is a positive for NDSU. Not saying that will make any difference, but NDSU has always thrived in these type of situations.

If we had faced week 1 this past season, I think Oregon wins by double digits.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    But do they have a masked fan that makes videos?
    Looking good Billy Ray!

I'm going to enjoy watching Thundar kick "The Duck"'s ass come September.

We desperately need someone to just flat out tell our guys that they cannot win this contest. It's doubtful anyone who regularly resides here will do it and you seem to be dancing around it without saying it directly as well. Do you think you can recruit any fellow Ducks fan to come over here and just state it flat out? Please? Would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Thats what many get wrong. NDSU has been a top 25-40 caliber team since 2011. Cant look at the FCS label. Which I know you understand.
    I know NDSU is a great program. But the league they rack up wins against loses 9 out of 10 vs FBS in a good year. I’m sure you know how the NCAA football world looks on non-P5 teams, (excluding Notre Lame), and how they don’t deserve a chance to play vs the “Big Boys” because they, “Don’t play a serious schedule, week in and week out.”

FCS is below that. It’s the paycheck for a win league, except in the SEC where they schedule them for an additional bye week.

NDSU probably has 4 of the top 5 wins vs FBS teams, with App St being #1.

The Eagles had a big day through the air when they lost to Oregon in '15.

They passed for 438 yards (5 touchdowns).

Cooper Kupp had 15 receptions for 246 yards and 3 TDs.

And.....EWU had to insert a freshman quarterback early in the 3rd (Reilly Hennesey) when stater Jordan West went down with an injury.

Oregon secondary must have had been dinged up or something. Obviously, Kupp was/is a helluva receiver.