Page 361 of 390 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    While we are all under a very lax house arrest and killing time - any suggestions for some NDSU videos to watch? Does not have to be something with the current team, just more football during this sports-less timeline.

Also, how are you enjoying Entz? What makes him different from Bohl or Klieman? I got to see Bohl's Wyoming against Oregon, and watched one K-State game (Oklahoma) the past year.
    I thought someone made a digital copy of this, but I can’t find it. Here’s my low res version.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zFANfs1O9jM

NDSU Bison Football: A Century of Tradition 1894-1994

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.

The Ducks just got a grad transfer QB: Anthony Brown from Boston College.

He was a three year starter there. Not a great completion percentage and wayyy too many INTs for my taste, but then again BC has been pretty bad for a while. He’a got a strong arm and decent running ability. Most Oregon fans think he’ll be Shough’s back-up. But he wouldn’t be grad transferring if he didn’t think he has a chance at the starting job.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

But he wouldn’t be grad transferring if he didn’t think he has a chance at the starting job.

That's what they all say.

Lardsin must go!

He was a three year starter there. Not a great completion percentage and wayyy too many INTs for my taste, but then again BC has been pretty bad for a while. He’a got a strong arm and decent running ability. Most Oregon fans think he’ll be Shough’s back-up. But he wouldn’t be grad transferring if he didn’t think he has a chance at the starting job.
    Well thats interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Well thats interesting.
    The consensus among the Duck message boards and twitter is that he’s the back-up. Coming off two ACL tears, not a world beater, had to get out of BC since they fired their coach. And we needed depth.

I have no idea who our opening day (assume there’s football in September) will be. Maybe Brown lights it up in camp and gets the job. Worst case scenario we at least have a QB with experience. All the reports were that everyone is excited to roll with Shough, but nothing to lose in creating some competition. Maybe Shough gets butthurt, but Cristobal is not a coddler.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    All of last years games should be online-youtube. Look through the schedule/scores for games that may be interesting. Some have much better production quality than others.

Entz has a bit of an edge to him. NDSU attendance has been a bit down and people leaving early with a lot of blowouts.

Entz was asked in an interview how the team felt about that. Entz replied- well if we want them to stay we gotta show them something that makes them want to stay.

I appreciate this a lot. Often the blowout games allow the play to become a bit sloppy.

I don’t care how good/bad the opponent is- i am looking for complete game, crisp play and physical attitude.

He could get a chip on these guys shoulders in a different way, consistently. Excited to see that.

I think Bohl got that out of the team after loosing one potentially on a bad call against eastern washington in 2010 that could have been another championship. Turned out to be a blessing.

To me- i think the culture shift was “yeah we were good enough to win if things went reasonably our way” to “we gotta be good enough/strong/disciplined enough to win against the best when everything falls apart.”

Attendance has been falling all over college football. We had the third longest sell out streak end, and I think Notre Dame and Nebraska joined us in that over the last few years. I wish I knew why. Every game being on TV? Spoiled fans? Rising ticket prices? Our students have also been subpar supporters. When I was a student we would scramble for the best seats before the game, now they stroll in halfway through the first quarter and leave before the fourth.

I hadn’t heard much about Entz in these parts. We got to see Bohl’s Wyoming and they were doody. Outgained them 558-183 and held Josh Allen to 9/24 for 64 yards with a pick and two fumbles. Nothing to do with this game obviously, but there’s nothing to do and I’m bored enough to go through old games.

I do find it impressive that y’all have been able to stay in house for HCs. We did that from 1977-2016, and I was sad to see that era end, although it was necessary. I miss the assistants, since I had known some of them from the days when I was a kid and they were all great guys. Oregon may be a flashy program now, but it was built by guys who spent 20-30 years building it before any Nike money came their way.

I think declining attendance is due to ticket prices and some people just don't want to be without decent internet speeds on their phone for 3+ hours. That and you don't have to put up with obnoxious drunks when watching the game at home. It isn't a big problem at most college games, but is a big detractor when I go to NFL games.

Attendance has been falling all over college football. We had the third longest sell out streak end, and I think Notre Dame and Nebraska joined us in that over the last few years. I wish I knew why. Every game being on TV? Spoiled fans? Rising ticket prices? Our students have also been subpar supporters. When I was a student we would scramble for the best seats before the game, now they stroll in halfway through the first quarter and leave before the fourth.

I hadn’t heard much about Entz in these parts. We got to see Bohl’s Wyoming and they were doody. Outgained them 558-183 and held Josh Allen to 9/24 for 64 yards with a pick and two fumbles. Nothing to do with this game obviously, but there’s nothing to do and I’m bored enough to go through old games.

I do find it impressive that y’all have been able to stay in house for HCs. We did that from 1977-2016, and I was sad to see that era end, although it was necessary. I miss the assistants, since I had known some of them from the days when I was a kid and they were all great guys. Oregon may be a flashy program now, but it was built by guys who spent 20-30 years building it before any Nike money came their way.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I think declining attendance is due to ticket prices and some people just don't want to be without decent internet speeds on their phone for 3+ hours. That and you don't have to put up with obnoxious drunks when watching the game at home. It isn't a big problem at most college games, but is a big detractor when I go to NFL games.
    They're at my house too!!! Oh, that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    They're at my house too!!! Oh, that's just me...
    Hey guys, I hope y’all are doing well! Hoping and praying that we have a FULL college football season this year! It would be really sad to let all this spirited debating and comparing go unfulfilling!

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Hope Bison fans are doing well. Is ND locked down?