Page 359 of 390 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    Not saying you shouldn't be excited for your offensive line, but that's not a particularly large group by FBS standards. According to an article I found from last summer, that's basically an AVERAGE-sized OL in the Pac-12 … and considerably smaller than Oregon's line. Here's the article if you care to see for yourself. https://crescentcitysports.com/size-...nemen-of-2019/

And for what it's worth, Oregon allowed 3.3 yards per carry last year against a schedule including some tough, physical running teams like Wisconsin, Utah, Washington, Stanford, etc. And this defensive front only lost a few contributors from the 2-deep. Perhaps more importantly, the secondary returns everyone from what was an excellent group, so they'll be able to commit extra guys in the box.
    Lol at that "article". First off size really doesn't matter unless you have the athletic ability and technique to use it to your advantage. Secondly those averages don't mean much when you got a 360 pound slug added into a group 300 pounders you got an average 312 pound line when in reality you got 4 300 pounders and a 360 pound slug.

Report: NCAA could consider playing college football season in the summer
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...oSJ?li=BBnba9I
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    Not saying you shouldn't be excited for your offensive line, but that's not a particularly large group by FBS standards. According to an article I found from last summer, that's basically an AVERAGE-sized OL in the Pac-12 … and considerably smaller than Oregon's line. Here's the article if you care to see for yourself. https://crescentcitysports.com/size-...nemen-of-2019/

And for what it's worth, Oregon allowed 3.3 yards per carry last year against a schedule including some tough, physical running teams like Wisconsin, Utah, Washington, Stanford, etc. And this defensive front only lost a few contributors from the 2-deep. Perhaps more importantly, the secondary returns everyone from what was an excellent group, so they'll be able to commit extra guys in the box.
    I mean, of we're an average pac12 o line that's pretty damn good right? So thanks for the compliment?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    I mean, of we're an average pac12 o line that's pretty damn good right? So thanks for the compliment?
    I wonder how good Arizona State's line was.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Frankly, I am wondering if ANY fall sports will happen this year, particularly contact sports. Even if by some miracle of science and administrative streamlining a vaccine is available by July (normally it would take 12-18 months), it will take months to roll it out to everyone. It would also make sense that healthy, athletic adults should be one of the last groups to be vaccinated. I actually don't think that college football or the NFL will happen this year. It is hard to also imagine filling stadiums with partially vaccinated fans. HS sports might have a better chance since we will likely vaccinate kids before most other populations.

Sadly, I am very pessimistic that this game will happen. Really bums me out. I was certainly looking forward to hosting a bunch of friends coming out for the game.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Frankly, I am wondering if ANY fall sports will happen this year, particularly contact sports. Even if by some miracle of science and administrative streamlining a vaccine is available by July (normally it would take 12-18 months), it will take months to roll it out to everyone. It would also make sense that healthy, athletic adults should be one of the last groups to be vaccinated. I actually don't think that college football or the NFL will happen this year. It is hard to also imagine filling stadiums with partially vaccinated fans. HS sports might have a better chance since we will likely vaccinate kids before most other populations.

Sadly, I am very pessimistic that this game will happen. Really bums me out. I was certainly looking forward to hosting a bunch of friends coming out for the game.
    I've handled this pretty well. Despite being in quarantine/distancing long before most people due to a high risk respiratory condition my family has kept a good attitude. My company is laying people off left and right. Still good attitudes.

No football in the fall might be the boulder that breaks the camel's back.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I've handled this pretty well. Despite being in quarantine/distancing long before most people due to a high risk respiratory condition my family has kept a good attitude. My company is laying people off left and right. Still good attitudes.

No football in the fall might be the boulder that breaks the camel's back.
    In spite of my previous email, I have tried to keep a positive attitude, at least outwardly. That said, I have spent my entire weekend trying to figure out how not to lay people off this week. It is a very complex puzzle that includes not getting a paycheck myself for several months. Even then, I don't know if the math works. It's part of owning a business. I make pretty good money at times but don't make any at other times. I do almost whatever I can to keep a steady, loyal team. But this definitely feels very different.

I will need football this year to keep sane. I hope that I am wrong about the chances

We usually go to a couple of Fargo Invaders games for our summer football fix and haven't heard if they are having a season or not. The last post on their Facebook page was cheerleader tryouts on March 15th.

Do you think the NCAA would even go for having games with no fans if it was deemed safe for the players if those 5-minute tests actually work?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    We usually go to a couple of Fargo Invaders games for our summer football fix and haven't heard if they are having a season or not. The last post on their Facebook page was cheerleader tryouts on March 15th.

Do you think the NCAA would even go for having games with no fans if it was deemed safe for the players if those 5-minute tests actually work?
    Meh, I don't think that there will be enough tests at the beginning of fall camp to see that happen. I know that as a young man, I would have insisted that people like my parents and grandparents got taken care of before me. I suspect that most college athletes will think the same way. It's not really a hard decision, I would assume. I'm in my late 40's and I still think this way. I'll make damn sure that my wife, kids, mother, sister, nieces, nephews, and their kids, as well as everyone else in my firm are safe before I take a shot for myself.

Hopefully, we get a delayed start to the season if nothing else. Early September just seems quite unlikely to me at this point. Again, hopefully I am very wrong. A ton needs to happen in only 4 months.

Cross your fingers and get out your lucky Bison socks. I'm wearing mine now.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post

There's still time, but if things dont improve a lot by end of May/early June, we will know our answer.

Its also very possible all non conf games get cancelled and we miss some of the season