Page 305 of 390 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Just listen to me for a second, I'm coming around to you on this because you're obviously a beer person and beer people are my people...
    Finally serious talk! Don’t want this extremely important info getting buried with 50 pages of dick measurements so I started a new thread. OR peeps post up! Bison fans who are driving out or staying awhile? Post where you’re headed and we’ll try and steer you in the right directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Finally serious talk! Don’t want this extremely important info getting buried with 50 pages of dick measurements so I started a new thread. OR peeps post up! Bison fans who are driving out or staying awhile? Post where you’re headed and we’ll try and steer you in the right directions.
    I am too stuck on explaining how our terrible offense will improve. It pisses me off how much was squandered the past two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    I am too stuck on explaining how our terrible offense will improve. It pisses me off how much was squandered the past two seasons.
    Focus! We’re talking about beer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Focus! We’re talking about beer now.
    Suddenly we're toasting beers, I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    A player lost a rep...c’mon, bro, you’re better than that. King popped on the screen when I watched last week. Also, he wasn’t responsible for stopping the run. Iowa’s OLBs were non-existent in that game.

So if you're not responsible, it's okay if you don't make the tackle.

Ok, bro.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post

Ok, bro.
    Uh, dude, it's pronounced "bru" or "brah" not "bro" out here on the left coast. It sorta sounds like a grunt. That "o" in "bro" is just too much work, yo.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Uh, dude, it's pronounced "bru" or "brah" not "bro" out here on the left coast. It sorta sounds like a grunt. That "o" in "bro" is just too much work, yo.
    I prefer "Breh"
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post

Ok, bro.
    He’s not the reason NDSU ran the ball at will in the 2nd half. That was originally outside contain and the OLBs disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think its anecdotal and optimistic. I'd be willing to bet losing your starting QB alone, especially when he is an NFL draft pick, usually results in a drop in play on the offensive side of the ball, if you looked at all situations on all teams where that was the case.

Defensively you're obviously solid, but I wouldn't exactly say you were dominant against any good competition. Losses to Auburn and Arizona St (ew), and the PAC12 is bottom tier p5.

Just listen to me for a second, I'm coming around to you on this because you're obviously a beer person and beer people are my people... What I'm saying is, NDSU has 2 big question marks at corner and DE. Outside of that, I expect our defense to be just as good, and we have a history of depth on the line with guys stepping up especially in big games. Filling that corner spot is the biggest question mark for the Bison and could be the key factor in this game. We agree, this *should* be a good game. I will be surprised if Oregon wins by more than 1 score. I wouldn't be surprised at a Bison loss, but in all sincerity, it has more to do with aforementioned questions on the Bison D than a dominant Oregon.

Notice I'm not asking you to name any PAC12 teams you think would beat any Bison team since 2011, because I have no idea what that would prove or why anyone would ask you to do that. I was calling *that* "fucking moronic." But you're absolutely entitled to thinking you'll be the best Defense in the FBS and a better Offense. Honestly I don't have a problem with that take, you guys all seem to know your team. I'll believe it when I see it....

As for the bet... Ok, lets do this. But terms need to be modified. Are you confident Oregon will cover the spread? Would you be willing to use that as a measuring stick or do we need to find our own line?
    First things first, if you’re coming to PDX before the game Loyal Legion in south East is a must stop. Everything you can imagine is on tap and it’s a super cool place. They carry most of the local and regional brews and its very central.

On the game, I totally understand the perspective of a third party spectator looking at Oregon losing a 1st round pick at quarterback and thinking it would obviously be detrimental. At face value I’d make that same assumption on any team Oregon was facing as well. However, the truth is whether or not it was because he was overrated, the OC sucked or any other reason he was no more than a game manager last year. For the unlimited arm talent he possesses he didn’t stretch the ball vertically and the play calling tendencies were heavily conservative esp in down and distance situations trying to make things easy for him.

Maybe JH goes the league gets better coaching and turns it around but this was an ongoing debate all year on our boards. He was not playing well basically all year and everyone had something else they blamed. He was bottom 5 in all of college football against the blitz among other damning statistics. His comp% was great but was heavily influenced by RPO and screen game.

There really is nowhere for our downfield passing attack to go but up just because of how bad it was last year. I’m terms of the defense it was objectively really good and it’ll be better this year. We finished 9th in sp+ defense last year which is an advanced statistical model that weighs strength of opponent in its algorithm and is efficiency based. It’s such a good indicator that ESPN bought it and is using it more often than their own model FPI. We are projected #2 in Sp+ defense going into 2020 based on returning production and recruiting.

The biggest unknowns for UO are interior OL where we already know one starter but there is a competition at center and one of the guard spots. QB, although, we have a decent sample of Tyler Shough and I personally saw about a half dozen closed practices last year including scrimmages and he is going to be very good. Defensively we replace one real starter and it’s Troy Dye at Will linebacker. We have a lot of returning experience and some ridiculous incoming talent that will be here for the spring game. ILB despite the loss of Dye will be a deep unit.

If you asked me to put my fandom aside and rank ever position group at Oregon on a scale of 1-7
    1 poor
    2 marginal
    3 adequate
    4 solid
    5 good
    6 very good
    7 elite/rare

4> you can expect to execute against good competition with consistency.
    QB 4-5
    RB 5
    TE 5
    WR 6
    OT 7
    OG 6
    OC 4-5

DE 7
    DT 6
    OLB 6
    ILB 6
    S 5