Page 195 of 390 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    NDSU has my complete respect for what they have accomplished over the last 10 years in the win column both at the FCS and FBS level.

That being said, I think the notion that Oregon is an FBS school, therefore they are every bit as beatable as the other FBS schools NDSU has beaten is not really accurate. This is not me saying NDSU doesn't have a chance/can't win, I just think lining up K-State, Iowa, Oregon and calling them equals is far from accurate. While I think both Iowa and K-State are quality teams and quality programs, neither of them possessed the talent and depth that the current Oregon team has. Again, this is not me saying NDSU can't/won't compete, it's me saying that making a generalization that because NDSU has beaten good FBS program in the past means they will do it again is probably inaccurate because the scenarios are not really the same.
    This thread is growing so fast it's hard to reply in a timely matter, but I just wanted to reply to this.

I completely agree with the sentiment that Oregon isn't just any FBS team. Just know, that we feel equally as strongly that NDSU isn't just any FCS team.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I don’t see this thread going dormant, given all the lead-in questions from Duck fans that aren’t seeking real answers but, in reality, just looking for an in to talk about how good the Ducks are at EVERY position/coaching/etc.

I mean, at this point, Ducks should just buy the game out, pay whatever team the Seahawks first regular season NFL opponent is whatever they want, and then go and dominate the Seahawks (AT HOME) steal their lunches, lunch money and women, and declare IMMEDIATELY for the NFL as an entire team/staff/trainers/cheerleaders and the dog that you may hire to run out and fetch-up your kick-off tee (And you know I know dogs based on twincitybison’s posts last evening).

It’s gotten a bit out of hand ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone said Oregon is looking like an early 13 point favorite. You’re the one acting like we aren’t the favorite. I don’t think any Duck fan thinks this is a cake walk.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Someone said Oregon is looking like an early 13 point favorite. You’re the one acting like we aren’t the favorite. I don’t think any Duck fan thinks this is a cake walk.
    That’s not even a response to the substance of my post—>see first paragraph of said post.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Not surprised by this.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

That’s not even a response to the substance of my post—>see first paragraph of said post.

I read your first paragraph and they’re not lead in questions to talk about duck greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Since we played Iowa they are 35-17. Oregon is 32-20. Just pointing out facts though. Big Ten has been better too recently than Pac 12.
    The 2016 debacle & 2017 Willie Taggart adjustment strategies skew these facts. Despite 2 really subpar years, Oregon spent more time the last decade in the top 5 than all but 5-6 schools, Iowa is not one of those schools. Going into next year, we’ll be ranked higher than any Iowa team the last decade.

B1G has been better than the PAC, but that is because of how top-heavy the B1G East has been. The B1G West is weaker than the PAC-12 North.

Default NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonduck View Post
    The 2016 debacle & 2017 Willie Taggart adjustment strategies skew these facts. Despite 2 really subpar years, Oregon spent more time the last decade in the top 5 than all but 5-6 schools, Iowa is not one of those schools. Going into next year, we’ll be ranked higher than any Iowa team the last decade.

B1G has been better than the PAC, but that is because of how top-heavy the B1G East has been. The B1G West is weaker than the PAC-12 North.
    Is that because the PAC-12 North has been top heavy compared to the PAC-12 south??? Just trying to follow the math here.

And also how one can’t compare 2020 Ducks to the past Duck teams and wondering, then, what/who does one compare them too?

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Is that because the PAC-12 North has been top heavy compared to the PAC-12 south??? Just trying to follow the math here.

And also how one can’t compare 2020 Ducks to the past Duck teams and wondering, then, what/who does one compare them too?

How about the one that won the rose bowl. You know the one that actually looks like the team in this game.

And also how one can’t compare 2020 Ducks to the last Duck teams and wondering, then, what/who does one compare them too?

You don’t compare. It’s a blue chip roster now and it never was. This is uncharted territory for the Ducks.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In regards to Iowa and how much that really indicates: based on recruiting and what Duck fans are pointing out, they really may be on the verge of something special and NDSU might be facing a juggernaut. If the Ducks are like last year, then they are very good but sorry I’m just not that intimidated. Reality is that the 2016 Iowa team was a good team. Do they have Oregon’s history? No, and that is irrelevant. If it were possible to play 2016 Iowa vs 2019 Oregon an Iowa victory wouldn’t be at all surprising.