Page 297 of 390 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Someone want to fill me in on what impact the 2007 App State win over Michigan has to do with 2020 UOvNDSU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s the only FCS team capable of beating the Ducks, just ask Luke.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I’d argue that several NDSU teams have been better than that App State team. They had the advantage of running a spread up tempo system in 2007 before it was a popular and when coordinators (ESP MICHIGANS lol!) had no clue how to stop it, evidence by the following week getting thrashed by Oregon.

Total aside, and not meant to discredit the FCS teams that win against P5, it just blows my mind sometimes watching these games how old school and antiquated some of these P5 college systems are. Running the old school pound it out 21 Pers offense under center requires such high levels of execution and plays into the strengths of a lot of these FCS squads. Or staying in a base 43 defensive front against 11 Pers spread teams. Just dumb .

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    I’d argue that several NDSU teams have been better than that App State team. They had the advantage of running a spread up tempo system in 2007 before it was a popular and when coordinators (ESP MICHIGANS lol!) had no clue how to stop it, evidence by the following week getting thrashed by Oregon.

Total aside, and not meant to discredit the FCS teams that win against P5, it just blows my mind sometimes watching these games how old school and antiquated some of these P5 college systems are. Running the old school pound it out 21 Pers offense under center requires such high levels of execution and plays into the strengths of a lot of these FCS squads. Or staying in a base 43 defensive front against 11 Pers spread teams. Just dumb .

I was being facetious, but I don’t disagree, especially the base D point. Also, it’s especially alarming for P5 teams when an FCS team is able to execute an old school offense against them.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Lol, who cares? Why are we talking about other FCS teams? This line of thinking is stupid.
    This reply is bullshit. You care! That’s why you replied, or did you not read what I posted before making some entitled rant about entitled fans. When I called you out on your bullshit you replied with something chickenshit. This farm shit is awesome btw.

Come on guys actually read my post before replying. This is turning into a sorority telephone game. My point was Bison vs Ducks will be the first(*) time an elite FCS has played a near elite FBS team. The (*) was for app state vs MI, app state held up their end. MI dropped the ball and turned out to be not elite or even near elite that year. Good luck arguing against that.

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Come on guys actually read my post before replying. This is turning into a sorority telephone game. My point was Bison vs Ducks will be the first(*) time an elite FCS has played a near elite FBS team. The (*) was for app state vs MI, app state held up their end. MI dropped the ball and turned out to be not elite or even near elite that year. Good luck arguing against that.
    Michigan went 9-4, beat Heisman winner Tim Tebow and Florida to finish 9-4, ranked 18th in the final poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Michigan was not elite later on in the year when they were hampered by injuries. The version that played against Appy and Oregon was absolutely a near-elite, top 10ish team. The loss to Oregon really made people really crap on UM at the time because Oregon was still unknown, but it didn't look quite as bad later in the year when the Ducks were a true national title contender. As QB11 said, Appy and Oregon were bad matchups for Michigan because they had no idea how to defend their offenses. Being a victim of 2 bad matchups doesn't mean they weren't still really good.

Apart from those first two games, they won all 5 games in which Henne and Hart were both healthy, including the bowl game against a real good Florida team.

I was being facetious, but I don’t disagree, especially the base D point. Also, it’s especially alarming for P5 teams when an FCS team is able to execute an old school offense against them.
    Indeed, i wouldn’t call the current NDSU offense old school but the 2016 version really just pounded in Iowa till they broke.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Mich team Appy beat would have never sniffed a 4 team playoff. They weren’t elite and were barely better than the Iowa team we beat. Hoping that OR is elite and that a Bison victory over them will go down as the undisputed best FCS win over an FBS

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

This reply is bullshit. You care! That’s why you replied, or did you not read what I posted before making some entitled rant about entitled fans. When I called you out on your bullshit you replied with something chickenshit. This farm shit is awesome btw.
    Lol... if you think “other FCS teams” have any bearing on NDSU v Oregon, you’re the one full of shit. If you’re actually sincere, then you’re a fucking moron.