Page 158 of 390 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I also have concerns at filling safety and another shut down corner, but it seems like we always develop great safeties
    I would assume we will see Tutsie and Kaczor at safety. I am very comfortable with that.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I also have concerns at filling safety and another shut down corner, but it seems like we always develop great safeties
    I'm not too worried about the secondary. I wonder if they move Tutsie or Kaczor to free safety. I think Wlodarczyk is gonna be a stud strong safety.

At corner we have Josh Hayes who IMO can be that shut down guy but will need one of the younger guys to step up in the other spot.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Question for you, yes or no.

Do you think Arizona State is a better program over the last 10, 20, or 50 years than NDSU?

Yes, or no.
    Genuinely curious. If NDSU is a better program than a school like ASU, why do power 5 level athletes choose to go there instead of a place like NDSU, where they conceivably could win a title, albeit in the FCS? It seems like the common notion amongst those here is that NDSU is a power 5 level football program, playing at the FCS level. So my question is, why not move up? At some point doesn't it become boring continually beating up on the unchallenging, inferior competition? I mean, by the sounds of it, NDSU could move up to the Big 12 or B1G and immediately assert themselves as contenders.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    Genuinely curious. If NDSU is a better program than a school like ASU, why do power 5 level athletes choose to go there instead of a place like NDSU, where they conceivably could win a title, albeit in the FCS? It seems like the common notion amongst those here is that NDSU is a power 5 level football program, playing at the FCS level. So my question is, why not move up? At some point doesn't it become boring continually beating up on the unchallenging, inferior competition? I mean, by the sounds of it, NDSU could move up to the Big 12 or B1G and immediately assert themselves as contenders.
    There are many threads for this you can look up. Best not turn this one into a move up convo or we'll get really of track

Queue El Chapo in 3... 2... 1...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    There are many threads for this you can look up. Best not turn this one into a move up convo or we'll get really of track
    I'm just trying to find some logic behind several posters comments about NDSU basically being a more superior team the half of the FBS. It seems like if that were true, it would be a no brainer to move up given the enormous financial incentive it would provide them.

Wash rinse repeat......

If you haven't realized, it takes more then a great FB program to move to FBS much less a P5 conference.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'm just trying to find some logic behind several posters comments about NDSU basically being a more superior team the half of the FBS. It seems like if that were true, it would be a no brainer to move up given the enormous financial incentive it would provide them.
    Congratulations on derailing this thread. There's lots of factors but maybe this will help. We had 4000 empty seats for the quarterfinal playoff game in a 19000 seat stadium. Not exactly fbs numbers.

Lardsin must go!

Teetering on the rails here. Where’s a good dyed in the wool Duck fan when you need one.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Who knows where the link to the FBS thread is? We need to get this off of here before it totally turns to crap.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix