Page 124 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by goducks View Post
    Oregon went 8-0 at Autzen last year. if you think an FCS team is going to come here and beat them then you are about as delusional as it gets. i dont blame you due to the success of the NDSU program but come on. Have any players on the current NDSU squad even played vs a 5 star player? Oregon has 4 now. Has any player on NDSU played vs an FBS team? Cmon guys.
    The "star" system is flawed. If Trey Lance or Carson Wentz would have grown up in a big metro area in CA, TX or FL how many stars would they have had? NDSU just has a bunch of FB players that bust their ass and punch people in the mouth. Should be fun. Bison have nothing to lose.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    As a longtime NDSU fan and reader of Bisonville, I never felt the need to post until now. Listen, Oregon is going to be a different animal than what we have faced with the mid to low tier B1G teams over the years...
    He makes a good point here, guys... I don't think we've ever played a team with a Duck as their mascot...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    The "star" system is flawed. If Trey Lance or Carson Wentz would have grown up in a big metro area in CA, TX or FL how many stars would they have had? NDSU just has a bunch of FB players that bust their ass and punch people in the mouth. Should be fun. Bison have nothing to lose.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    The star system is not perfect but acting like it doesn't mean anything is willful ignorance. 50% of 5-stars get drafted, about 20% in the first round. The teams that recruit the best (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State) are the teams that win, because they have the horses that other teams don't. Of course guys slip through cracks.

And NDSU doesn't have a monopoly on tough football players, Oregon has plenty. Oregon's team identity from the top down with Cristobal is tough, smash mouth football.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    I in no way take this game lightly, Trey Lance is a really special player and if we weren’t playing Ohio State might be the best QB we see in 2020. However, this is not like playing any of the teams you’ve played before. Iowa who you beat in 2016 was ranked 80th in S&P+ offense and 19th in S&P+ defense, they had 1 4star or better recruit on the roster. 2019 Oregon was 25th in S&P+ Offense and 9th in S&P+ defense and the 2020 version will have 39 4star or better players on the roster. Even relative to what we have experienced in terms of success in the past this is new territory. Under Chip Kelly we would get a few headline skill players each class and get a lot of production out of them to carry what was usually an average defense. Oregon had never had a top 10 recruiting class before Mario Cristobal took over and now we will have had back to back top 10 classes (2019&2020) and the 2018 class (Mario’s first) was top 15. I know I speak for a good portion of Oregon fans when I say that when we say this team is the most talented you’ve played we don’t mean that to be condescending or to be dismissive to the unprecedented success of the NDSU football program. We are simply pointing to the facts. This is not your Grandmas Oregon, this team is very big, very fast, and very talented. 1-85 probably the most talented team we have ever had. As I write this im watching the JMU game to get a feel for your Pers/schemes so we can talk ball and matchups ahead of the game.
    Iowa is such a bad FBS program that they have more players in the NFL than Oregon and NDSU combined
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by seaduck View Post
    The star system is not perfect but acting like it doesn't mean anything is willful ignorance. 50% of 5-stars get drafted, about 20% in the first round. The teams that recruit the best (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State) are the teams that win, because they have the horses that other teams don't. Of course guys slip through cracks.

And NDSU doesn't have a monopoly on tough football players, Oregon has plenty. Oregon's team identity from the top down with Cristobal is tough, smash mouth football.

We don’t have a fullback though...no smash mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Hello Bison Fans, another Oregon fan here offering a somewhat different perspective. I’m a contributor for ScoopDuck.com which is the largest Oregon Football Forum on the web where I write X and O’s and Personnel based content. The offseason is less than 3 weeks old and I’m already bored and starting to dig my teeth into some NDSU tape ahead of our September matchup.
    I also want to mention that I have the utmost respect for the NDSU fan base/Program, that was flippin awesome when Game Day went to Fargo! I hope to see a bunch of you in Autzen I know some Oregon fans have offered some previews by scanning through the thread to this point but I figured I’d give you my perspective on the 2020 Ducks which might be somewhat different/more detailed..
    Thanks for the detailed post! I'll let others more knowledgeable respond with more detail on the Bison, but wanted to get that in before the trolls take over. For whatever reason I've always like the Oregon team, I remember exactly when I heard this game was scheduled. Will be a long-offseason, can't wait for the game!

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Iowa is such a bad FBS program that they have more players in the NFL than Oregon and NDSU combined
    If you honestly think Iowa is a better program than Oregon then I don't know what to tell you. We're talking about players that are in this game, not players that are in the NFL today.

If you honestly think Iowa is a better program than Oregon then I don't know what to tell you. We're talking about players that are in this game, not players that are in the NFL today.
    I think if you're going to bring up your 5-star players as the big separator between competition, then bringing up NFL talent fits right in with your model of argument.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Your analysis pertaining to Iowa is nonsense and you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And once upon a time we beat an Antonio Brown/JJ Watt team. Don’t care about 5-star players in college. We have Trey Lance. You don’t.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.