Page 105 of 390 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    But do they have a masked fan that makes videos?
    They won an award with this one.
    https://youtu.be/aoTrKrtUACE

Does this guy qualify?

Hail the BISON!!!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Put Corso on the spot and make him choose between Puddles and Corso.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Surprised this doesn't get brought up more often. Ndsu killed that fan. He didn't die right away he sent out one more video from underneath a blanket and then died in his sleep but ndsu killed a fbs fan!!!!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Surprised this doesn't get brought up more often. Ndsu killed that fan. He didn't die right away he sent out one more video from underneath a blanket and then died in his sleep but ndsu killed a fbs fan!!!!
    Was something. From the obituary:

“He finally succumbed to the injuries sustained when he was surrounded by more than 10,000 Surrender Cobras last Friday evening in Manhatten, KS. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Sorry you’re misunderstanding/misquoting me. Originally, I was replying to the poster comparing all the NC’s NDSU’s won to the none that Oregon has. I was making the point that the level of competition FCS to FBS is drastically different overall.

Since 1978, when they formed the divisions, FCS teams lose to FBS teams nearly all of the time. I can’t even find the actual overall record. FCS has won 198 games as of last summer that works out to about 5 wins a year on average out of how many games? 100+ per year? The SEC alone probably plays 30+ FCS teams a year.

Those wins are also almost always a good/great FCs team beating a bad FBS team. Over that 42 year time period FCS teams beat a ranked FBS team 5 times (NDSU has one of those vs #13 Iowa.) 1 win vs ranked teams every 8 years, that’s probably what, 1 out of every 200-300 chances. (Assuming 30ish ranked teams each play an FCS team once per year for 8 years, and subtract some for teams moving out of the rankings).

NDSU has been great vs FBS by they’ve also played some bad FBS teams

2007 - 1-10 MINN record
    2010 - 3-9 KAN record
    2011 - 3-9 MINN record
    2012 - 4-8 CSU record
    2013 - 8-5 KSU record, decent team, 11-2 2012 KSU team lost 35-17 to Oregon in Fiesta Bowl.
    2014 - 2-10 ISU record
    2016 - 8-5 Iowa record, decent team, ranked 13 when NDSU beat them.

I think there’s a chance NDSU can win. It’s a small chance, but it would arguably be the biggest FCS vs FBS upset in history.
    You continue to sound like an idiot. Someone needs to get toilet paper for your diarrhea of the keyboard. Only bad FBS lose and the FBS plays the great fcs teams. Skewed view of the world much. If your precious FBS teams aren't afraid why has it been 5 years since someone would play NDSU? Leave your 2nd grade statistics behind and let these two teams play for the answer. "Everyone has plan until they get punched in the mouth."
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Aren't these the same ducks that used to take Boise State to the wood shed? Big game Oregon. They never lose.

Lardsin must go!

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

NDSU can’t help the teams they beat down were pud that year. They can only play and try to beat the team opposite of them that day. What that team does with the rest of their season is out of NDSUs hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Edited your post a bit but you make some really good points about the development of recruits, but I think that numbers play a bigger role in * rankings than coaching. CA, TX and FL produce the most 5* recruits because they’re the states with the most kids playing football, that’s really true for any of the major population football states. Regional issues also play a huge role in this. There are myriad articles recently here on the West Coast about the numbers game in football. GA 5* player is 1 in 10,000, but in California it’s closer to 1 in 15,000. The type of player by region is also interesting. This regional is especially pronounced on Defense. especially on the DL. Most of the highest quality DL guys are in the SEC footprint.

That’s what makes Cristobal so different from previous OR coaches. He’s going to the SEC to try and get kids. He’s working on flipping a 4* Alabama commit DL recruit right now. We’ll find out on the 5th if it worked.
    These are good points. However I still believe that accessibility to seminars, conferences, NFL retired players and coaches, workshops, coaching agencies, etc is 100x higher in those states than what is available here. You don't find the Easton Sticks of the world going to the South Dakotas of the world to fine tune and build their QB throwing skills because of the availability of talented trainers and coaches there. They go to the Californias of the world. The high school coaches in those states have easy access, and relatively inexpensive access to these resources. It makes a huge difference to be able to drive across town to a seminar led by former NFL players and coaches, and top-notch college coaches and then go back home at night versus what generally has to be done in Fargo and that area of the country which is to pay for a flight, lodging, meals, and a rental car.

I am not saying you are wrong, your points are valid. But I think that accessibility to the 'best' is also a factor in why the * recruits are more prominent in those states.
    Last edited by Buffalo.Rider; 02-01-2020 at 02:00 PM.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!