Page 34 of 390 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

The FBS should go to 8 or even 16. While the 4 team playoff today does yield a champion, it also leaves out good teams that have a shot. This (for me) is the main reason for an 8 or 16 team field. Last year (2017), I believe Minnesota-Duluth was the last team to make the hockey playoffs and they barely made it. They ended up the national champions, and then they repeated this year. This (to me) is the biggest problem with a 4-team playoff - it leaves out too many teams that deserve to be in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    The FBS should go to 8 or even 16. While the 4 team playoff today does yield a champion, it also leaves out good teams that have a shot. This (for me) is the main reason for an 8 or 16 team field. Last year (2017), I believe Minnesota-Duluth was the last team to make the hockey playoffs and they barely made it. They ended up the national champions, and then they repeated this year. This (to me) is the biggest problem with a 4-team playoff - it leaves out too many teams that deserve to be in the playoffs.
    Win your conference championship, have at most one loss and chances are you'll be in.

I cant think of many teams who had a legit beef about missing the CFP.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Win your conference championship, have at most one loss and chances are you'll be in.

I cant think of many teams who had a legit beef about missing the CFP.
    Why should it be a "chance"? Teams that had a legitimate beef of not getting in the CFP? Maybe not in any single given year. Overall a 4 team FBS playoff is a joke and I can't think of a good reason why it can't be expanded.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Why should it be a "chance"? Teams that had a legitimate beef of not getting in the CFP? Maybe not in any single given year. Overall a 4 team FBS playoff is a joke and I can't think of a good reason why it can't be expanded.

Just a feeble attempt to control the money.They knew it would never stay at 4 teams. Just like all of the other bogus algorithm made up scenarios they have come up and had to change over the last 25+ years that they have tried to call The National Championship..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just imagine a 16 team playoff system with all the sponsors bidding for each game to put a name on the (bowl) game...Higher the bid, higher the playoff game you get. Everybody wins. I would watch that like I watch SkinaMax...now imagine the office brackets.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The wailing will never end. If they expand to 8, they’ll start complaining about needing 16.

G5 autobid? Western Michigan and UCF went undefeated in consecutive seasons. Who gets the playoff slot if it happens in one year?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    The wailing will never end. If they expand to 8, they’ll start complaining about needing 16.
    That is no excuse for not expanding the CFP into something meaningful.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

My thought and just spit balling it. 12 teams. For P5, get rid of conference championsip games. Regular season champions of each conference division are in. Top 4 teams get a bye. Sure, butt hurt happens, as one division is probably always better than the other, but hey, you know what you got to do to get in. Last 2 spots are G5 teams. How they are selected, up for debate. NDSU can then move up, as there is a clear path to be in the mix. ��. Hey

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post

G5 autobid? Western Michigan and UCF went undefeated in consecutive seasons. Who gets the playoff slot if it happens in one year?
    I don’t see people in any sport complaining about having a real playoff. I don’t understand the people complaining about trying to get one

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Go to 4 power conference with divisions of 8 teams in each. 64 power teams. Play everyone in your division split up the rest of the 4/5 games on the schedule however but it must be against power teams. Let the rest of G5/FCS split up however they choose. Call the divisions whatever you want, but have two real divisions. Feelings can be hurt but it would make for better football.

Power tournament is 16 teams, all ranked, 8 division winners host first round and it is played out like a real true tournament.

Next division can be handled in similar fashion.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk