Page 294 of 390 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Aside from about 2 years in the last 25 or so, NDSU is probably the only FCS team that would have a chance to win a game vs Oregon.

This might be the first time in football history that a really good FCS team plays a really good FBS team. It should finally answer some of the how does top tier FCS rate vs nearly top tier FBS. Yes Oregon is a near elite program, but not quite where the top tier FBS is. That top tier tOSU, Clemson, Alabama, LSU and maybe Georgia.

(Yes I know that App State was #1 and Michigan was #5, but MI ended the season 8-4 and unranked, after a bowl victory they climbed back to 18th. App state ended up winning their 3rd FCS natty and ended the season getting votes in the AP poll, finishing 34th.)
    This post is absolute bullshit and exactly the type of arrogance we’ve been calling out.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Locket and Thomson were better receivers than what the Ducks field but our corners aren’t on par with what we had then. I like Hays he would have only been nickel on that team
    Ducks are deep at WR, so dont know about that.

Aside from about 2 years in the last 25 or so, NDSU is probably the only FCS team that would have a chance to win a game vs Oregon.

This might be the first time in football history that a really good FCS team plays a really good FBS team. It should finally answer some of the how does top tier FCS rate vs nearly top tier FBS. Yes Oregon is a near elite program, but not quite where the top tier FBS is. That top tier tOSU, Clemson, Alabama, LSU and maybe Georgia.

(Yes I know that App State was #1 and Michigan was #5, but MI ended the season 8-4 and unranked, after a bowl victory they climbed back to 18th. App state ended up winning their 3rd FCS natty and ended the season getting votes in the AP poll, finishing 34th.)
    If Michigan doesn’t lose to Appalachian State, what do you believe their record would have been? I believe they would have won at least ten games that year. Hard to play inspired when your National Championship dreams are dashed during week one.

Pretty good lesson for a team where half the players were apparently stoned during the game. Got to be disciplined to be the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Ducks are deep at WR, so dont know about that.
    Are they as deep as the 2016 EWU team NDSU played? I believe that team sets the standard in regards to opposing teams WR corp.

Hail the BISON!!!

This post needs to be remembered if NDSU does beat the ducks. Same shit will be said again.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Michigan team that App. State beat was a really good FBS team. They were hampered later in the season by injuries to QB Chad Henne and stud RB Mike Hart. Neither of those 2 played in their loss to a Wisconsin team that finished ranked in the top 25. There other 2 losses were to an Oregon team that was a national championship contender before losing QB Dennis Dixon for the season, and to an Ohio State team that played for the BCS national championship. IIRC Henne and Hart played against tOSU but were pretty severely limited by their injuries.

They also beat a Penn State team that finished the season ranked in the coaches poll (without Henne) and beat Illinois who played in the Rose Bowl (without Hart). A fully healthy Michigan team that year probably wasn't a national championship contender, but still a really good, top 10ish team. And they were fully healthy against Appy.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Are they as deep as the 2016 EWU team NDSU played? I believe that team sets the standard in regards to opposing teams WR corp.

Yeah.

They threw for 450 yards against NDSU.

And....Kupp caught only 5 of the 26 passes that were completed.

Thank God, one of the attempts ended in a DeLuca pick 6.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Yeah.

They threw for 450 yards against NDSU.

And....Kupp caught only 5 of the 26 passes that were completed.

Thank God, one of the attempts ended in a DeLuca pick 6.
    Too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Kupp and Bourne. Pretty impressive. Also Samson Ebukam on DL. Beat a good Wash St team that season.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Kupp and Bourne. Pretty impressive. Also Samson Ebukam on DL. Beat a good Wash St team that season.
    That’s WAAAAY too transitive... LOOK AWAY DUCKIES!!! Nothing to see here..........
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery