You mean 2016? Right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    You mean 2016? Right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Actually both

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

This Oregon defense will be faster than the Iowa defense we faced. Thibodeaux vs Radunz will be interesting. Thibodeaux will be better, but I think DR can hold his own

In the rockies Dillon Radunz once stopped two mountain lions on a full sprint coming from different angles to protect his delicious fish dinner roasting over the campfire. He did this without what a referee would call “holding.”

Named them Larry and Lenny and now they fetch his slippers nightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    This Oregon defense will be faster than the Iowa defense we faced. Thibodeaux vs Radunz will be interesting. Thibodeaux will be better, but I think DR can hold his own
    I have been looking forward to that matchup as well. I think they move Thibodeaux around a bit but those two should be banging on each other a fair amount throughout the day. KT is an absolute monster but DR is strong and pretty dang quick so I give him a good chance to do well and raise his draft stock with this performance.
    Insert something clever here...

Hey Bison fans

I can tell you that a lot of folks out here are looking forward to this one. And if they say otherwise, they're ignorant.
    I'm still upset about Wash-Griz in 2003.

I grew up in MT, but attended UO (Bellotti years) and now live in Portland.

NDSU then Ohio State the next week .... the f*ck were we thinking?

Anyway, one interesting little nugget is that we will be rolling out a brand new OC for this game in Joe Moorhead.
    We'll see how the QB competition this spring shapes up, but for now, Shough is our guy.
    The commentary so far around Moorhead is that he's an all-star hire in terms of who's available now. Had great success at Penn State, so-so at Miss State but recruited well and landed them in bowl games.

And I believe Cristobal is pretty set on the pistol, so we should see the same looks, but word is that Moorhead will want to run the QB much more.

Fans out here gave our previous OC, Marcus Arroyo a rash of sh!t but I believe Cristobal has a hand in most of the playcalling. The staff kept Herbert pretty contained in the pocket until the final two games against Utah and Wisconsin, and that threat won those games for us - particularly against Wisconsin where he had 3 rushing TDs. Herbert wasn't perfect but he was our hometown dude that stuck it out through 3 HCs in 4 years as a starter. We'll miss you Herbie.

I myself find the pistol frustrating. It relies so much on schematic perfection and we used some really odd wrinkles in moments where we had a clear physical advantage on the line. That said, Cristobal will knock and knock and knock and knock almost stubbornly so until CJ Verdell or Travis Dye finally bust one. Habibi-Likio is our Bison-like hardnosed third, short yardage back. Hope to see much more from him this year, as he had some big moments in key games in an otherwise quiet 2019.

It will be a whole new O-line as many of you know. Aside from Penei Sewell who has a solid legacy brewing in Eugene.

Defense, on the other hand, could be viewed in 2020 as our best ever. We know they'll have their hands full with Trey Lance. I would not be surprised if he has his way with us in the first half until Avalos can make adjustments.

Rising young star for the Ducks, imo, is Mykael Wright who will start at CB this year. He is a special teams home run threat that the Ducks had missed these last couple years.

Congrats on your natty, look forward to several months of back and forth with you. Come out to the game, you won't regret it.

My biggest hope is UO matches NDSU's executional discipline and we make it to week 2 with a solid W and a healthy roster against the next juggernaut - from Columbus. I am gonna do a lot of stress boozing on Saturdays come September.

Go Ducks

(and Go Griz )

thx for letting me rant
    Last edited by DuckDuckGriz; 01-21-2020 at 06:31 AM.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Watching the Ross Bowl the ducks D looks damn good. Really excited for this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    Hey Bison fans

I can tell you that a lot of folks out here are looking forward to this one. And if they say otherwise, they're ignorant.

Anyway, one interesting little nugget is that we will be rolling out a brand new OC for this game in Joe Moorhead.
    We'll see how the QB competition this spring shapes up, but for now, Shough is our guy.
    The commentary so far around Moorhead is that he's an all-star hire in terms of who's available now. Had great success at Penn State, so-so at Miss State but recruited well and landed them in bowl games.

And I believe Cristobal is pretty set on the pistol, so we should see the same looks, but word is that Moorhead will want to run the QB much more.

Fans out here gave our previous OC, Marcus Arroyo a rash of sh!t but I believe Cristobal has a hand in most of the playcalling. The staff kept Herbert pretty contained in the pocket until the final two games against Utah and Wisconsin, and that threat won those games for us - particularly against Wisconsin where he had 3 rushing TDs. Herbert wasn't perfect but he was our hometown dude that stuck it out through 3 HCs in 4 years as a starter. We'll miss you Herbie.

I myself find the pistol frustrating. It relies so much on schematic perfection and we used some really odd wrinkles in moments where we had a clear physical advantage on the line. That said, Cristobal will knock and knock and knock and knock almost stubbornly so until CJ Verdell or Travis Dye finally bust one. Habibi-Likio is our Bison-like hardnosed third, short yardage back. Hope to see much more from him this year, as he had some big moments in key games in an otherwise quiet 2019.

It will be a whole new O-line as many of you know. Aside from Penei Sewell who has a solid legacy brewing in Eugene.

Defense, on the other hand, could be viewed in 2020 as our best ever. We know they'll have their hands full with Trey Lance. I would not be surprised if he has his way with us in the first half until Avalos can make adjustments.

Rising young star for the Ducks, imo, is Mykael Wright who will start at CB this year. He is a special teams home run threat that the Ducks had missed these last couple years.

Congrats on your natty, look forward to several months of back and forth with you. Come out to the game, you won't regret it.

My biggest hope is UO matches NDSU's executional discipline and we make it to week 2 with a solid W and a healthy roster against the next juggernaut - from Columbus. I am gonna do a lot of stress boozing on Saturdays come September.

Go Ducks

(and Go Griz )

thx for letting me rant
    Welcome to the board. Can't wait for this one, it will easily be the best Football team the Bison has played during our run of championships, and maybe ever.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDuckGriz View Post
    Hey Bison fans

Go Ducks

(and Go Griz )

thx for letting me rant
    We'll see what happens in spring ball and fall camp, but have to lean Oregon thus far. I am very confident we will play with you until the end. I am worried about our defensive line but the positive is that you have new OL starters and QB. I see Trey busting a few long runs. We may hold back on him running next year, but he will need to run in order to pull off the upset.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hopefully Ducks don’t find a running qb that can throw well as well. That’s tough on any D. New qb, line and coordinator is overall to NDSU’s benefit but we also don’t really have any idea what to prepare for so we better be ready to do some serious in game adjusting