Page 114 of 390 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I have never, ever heard anyone list Oregon as a substantial home field advantage the way they describe places like Florida, LSU, Clemson, etc.
    If true, you don't watch much college football. Autzen is a legendary environment when it is rocking. I once witnessed Bob Toledo's Bruins punt on 3rd down because they got 4 or 5 false starts in a row and he just gave up. True story.
    Insert something clever here...

I have never, ever heard anyone list Oregon as a substantial home field advantage the way they describe places like Florida, LSU, Clemson, etc.
    Google “loudest college football stadiums” and pick ANY list.

Here’s a good primer.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ters-43rd-year

1st one Michigan’s Lloyd Carr, “That's the loudest stadium I've ever been in." OU/Vikings great Adrian Peterson has a funny quote about it.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have. Autzen gets raucous

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonduck View Post
    NDSU’s quarterback is definitely more experienced than ours—no debate. But the real matchup will be his ability to make plays against our defense ... and our crowd—by anyone’s listing Autzen Stadium is top 10 in loudest/most hostile home fields. I have witnessed Ty Detmer (year AFTER he won Heisman), Troy Aikman, Jared Goff (got pulled), and dozens of other NFL talented quarterbacks get rattled by the noise there.
    We have a good offense but in great D vs good O situations I’ll take the great D every time so advantage you guys. Lance will be a sophomore but that doesn’t mean he will be at the top of his game. From what I’ve witnessed Bison QBs don’t hit their potential until senior year. I do think Lance is our best prospect ever so I’m curious to see how he handles things. Against Iowa Stick (our previous qb) struggled some but had a great run game to lean on. We will need to try to be balanced but we will have to be able to run some to have a chance imo.

It's on literally any list.

I haven't reviewed the list in awhile but I'm guessing it's generally the same places. LSU, Clemson, Oregon, Florida(when they are good), Virginia Tech, and a few others. I know the NCAA games incorporated stadium reputations into the game. I think I read that there is something goofy with how the acoustics work or something there. Perhaps Orygun or someone with some actual brains on building design could explain it better (if it is true).
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    It's on literally any list.

I haven't reviewed the list in awhile but I'm guessing it's generally the same places. LSU, Clemson, Oregon, Florida(when they are good), Virginia Tech, and a few others. I know the NCAA games incorporated stadium reputations into the game. I think I read that there is something goofy with how the acoustics work or something there. Perhaps Orygun or someone with some actual brains on building design could explain it better (if it is true).
    Largely design, it sits below ground level (rare in a city with no basements, due to high water level), the stadium is a complete bowl, the fans are right on top of the action (no bad seats), plus it has the sky boxes on the north side and the roof on the south side (designed to reverberate the sound back towards the field) ... then it is the reputation itself—which pressures even the old fogies into being loud ... or as us homers will say, “intelligent fan base.”

This stated, every year our student section sucks more and more—arriving late, leaving early, and not bothering to pick up tickets for the 2-3 games before the quarter starts.

Largely design, it sits below ground level (rare in a city with no basements, due to high water level), the stadium is a complete bowl, the fans are right on top of the action (no bad seats), plus it has the sky boxes on the north side and the roof on the south side (designed to reverberate the sound back towards the field ... then it is the reputation itself—which pressure even the old fogies into being loud ...
    Even reputation can't get section 21 to cheer in the Fargodome

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Largely design, it sits below ground level (rare in a city with no basements, due to high water level), the stadium is a complete bowl, the fans are right on top of the action (no bad seats), plus it has the sky boxes on the north side and the roof on the south side (designed to reverberate the sound back towards the field) ... then it is the reputation itself—which pressures even the old fogies into being loud ... or as us homers will say, “intelligent fan base.”

This stated, every year our student section sucks more and more—arriving late, leaving early, and not bothering to pick up tickets for the 2-3 games before the quarter starts.
    Frankly, given the open-air simple bowl design, the volume is even more remarkable. There are WAY better stadium designs available if you want to hold crowd noise. The thing that make Autzen so loud is all of the crazy mother fuckers in the crowd.
    Insert something clever here...

With our home schedule: NDSU, Ohio State, Hawai’i, USC, Washington (most hated rival), Stanford and Arizona State, and high expectations for this season (should be PAC-12 favorites, legitimate chance of making playoffs again, will be ranked in Top 5-10)—we should set a record for season tickets.