Page 292 of 390 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think this will sum up my thoughts on this game as it stands right now.

Yes Oregon is favored, and yes they have a good shot to win, and I think we agree that the Bison will likely cover the spread. This is no different than any year we've played a P5, but you and QB seem to think your squad is on a different echelon that Kstate and Iowa. I’m calling bullshit. In fact... I’ll say this:

If the Bison lose to the Ducks, it will be because the 2020 Bison aren’t as good as the 2013 and 2016 squads. It will have nothing to do with Oregon.

How does that elitist arrogance feel when you’re on the other end of it?
    The Ducks are lucky to be playing us when they have as good of a team as they project to be this year. Any other year and I wouldn’t be concerned at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by stilloldduck View Post
    Pretty familiar. I've been reading that stuff throughout this thread.
    Right, me too, except it’s “if the Ducks lose to the Bison then our season is over and there’s no way they’ll beat the Buckeyes the next week, blah blah blah...” same old arrogance we get from every old P5 team.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The Ducks are lucky to be playing us when they have as good of a team as they project to be this year. Any other year and I wouldn’t be concerned at all.

I feel the same way, plus the uncertainty we have at a few positions on D. The 2013 Bison team would handle the 2020 Ducks, too.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default NDSU vs Ducks

K state finished just outside the top 4 in 2012, they lost their Heisman finalist QB and a few other pieces and lost to the Bison in their 2013 season opener... Sound familiar?
    You mean the Kansas State we boat raced in the Fiesta Bowl?

KSU hasn’t really been a consistently good team, they’ll have a year here or there but it’s usually a build up and then rebuild.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    When was that? What does that have to do with this years team?

It doesn’t. Was in response to a poster saying that we haven’t. Or maybe I misread

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Says a lot more about the Pac12 than it does about the Ducks IMO.

No one from the Big12, only Ohio State from the Big10, only Clemson from the ACC have won playoff games. Georgia, Bama and LSU have all won playoff games from the SEC.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    No one from the Big12, only Ohio State from the Big10, only Clemson from the ACC have won playoff games. Georgia, Bama and LSU have all won playoff games from the SEC.

How many from the mountain west?

Lardsin must go!

Sorry just couldn't resist that one. I clearly see the pedestal that you and few other teams sit on now. Thanks quacks.

Lardsin must go!

They make runner up t shirts in the FCS. Do they have those in fbs too?

Lardsin must go!

I think this will sum up my thoughts on this game as it stands right now.

Yes Oregon is favored, and yes they have a good shot to win, and I think we agree that the Bison will likely cover the spread. This is no different than any year we've played a P5, but you and QB seem to think your squad is on a different echelon that Kstate and Iowa. I’m calling bullshit. In fact... I’ll say this:

If the Bison lose to the Ducks, it will be because the 2020 Bison aren’t as good as the 2013 and 2016 squads. It will have nothing to do with Oregon.

How does that elitist arrogance feel when you’re on the other end of it?
    Yep agreed on all counts. And as I said in another comment, I wouldn’t bet on the Ducks to cover the spread, because I think you guys have a hell of a team.

It’s also okay for you to think that 2013 NDSU would beat 2020 Oregon. That’s not elitist arrogance. It’s just recognition that rosters change year to year. I would certainly be nervous about lining up across from Wentz. Oregon fans just happen to think this is going to be our strongest team (top to bottom) in a long time.

Case in point: the 2015 team had Mariota (please be gentle ... he’s our GOAT), Royce Freeman, Buckner and Armstead on the line, blah de blah ... and we got torched by tOSU because our LBers were slow and small. The 2020 team might have some unproven players, but people a lot smarter than me (including QB, give him a fair chance) don’t see any position group as a major liability.

I think enthusiasm for the development of our roster is being mistaken as arrogance, but it’s not my job or place to tell anyone how to interpret things