Page 44 of 390 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    We are debating between plane or train. Driving will not happen. How much cribbage can a person play on the train in 33 hours?
    If I was you I'd make sure I left on the train at least three days early, maybe more. Amtrack is only well known for being exceptionally late consistently on those stretches of track. BNSF Cargo traffic (Oil and Coal) gets priority.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    Airplane tickets out of Bismarck on Friday and back on Labor Day are in the $800 to $900 range. Suppose that will be a pricy time to fly.
    This is absolutely one of those flights that you should just drive to MSP for. Going to save $400 a ticket most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Wife wont fly so we are taking the train. Leave Monday or Tuesday. Get there in 33 hours.. Come back Monday. Easy peasy.
    I think I'm doing the same. Great and relaxing way to travel imho if you have the time and can deal with probable delays etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Oregon on FOXTV 3pm tomorrow. good tune up b4 NDSU YSU game
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I think I'm doing the same. Great and relaxing way to travel imho if you have the time and can deal with probable delays etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    That's the reason for leaving on monday or Tuesday. If there are no delays that's a bonus.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Oregon on FOXTV 3pm tomorrow. good tune up b4 NDSU YSU game
    You mean after

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    You mean after
    I believe he's referring to the 3pm start for the Oregon game and the 5pm start for the Bison, something to watch prior.

Definitely won't be flying to this game, but undecided about driving or taking the train. Took the train to Spokane in '10, didn't go without hitches that's for sure. But that was also in December so there wouldn't be any snow clearing needed in early September. Just need to avoid hitting any deer as that was another thing that got us hung up for hours.
    The decision would also depend on who makes the trip with me. If it ends up being a larger group the train would be a fun experience. If I'm going solo then I may consider driving and make it into a similar trip as the EWU game in '17. Could go camping in Glacier or Yellowstone, go into Seattle again to visit family, or maybe even swoop down to the south before or after and check out California (never been). Either way, this one is certainly circled on the calendar and looking very forward to it.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

No, Oregon plays at 7 central

Driving the trip in about 24hrs+stops(Fargo to Eugene) is possible if you share driving or even for one person if you're willing to get here early enough for enough sleep to recover. If doing it in a single stretch, I would leave Fargo in the late afternoon or early evening. That would put your night driving through ND and eastern MT, and allow you to hit the mountains after daybreak with the sun mostly at your back for the entire mountain run. If doing it as a two-day stretch, time it to hit Missoula just before sundown and get a start the next day at dawn. A perfect run would be to pass through the Rockies in the late afternoon and get to the Tri-Cities, WA around dark. Doing it that way will make the Spokane to Tri-Cities run suck a bit as the sun will be in your eyes, but the morning will make up for it as you head into the Columbia Gorge at dawn with the sun at your back. All of this presupposes you're not going to sight see on the way.

I've done it all three ways in the last 13 months.

Wahp to Eugene in Oct - 3 days - overnights in Glendive and Tri-Cities - easy and great mountain/gorge views
    Eugene to Wahp in July - 1 day - 2hrs stop in a rest area west of Glendive - sucked but fast, danger of hitting animals at night
    Wahp to Eugene in Aug - 2 days - overnighted in Butte instead of Missoula due to a late start - got the job done, nothing special

Each has their pros and cons. I tended to stop every two hours for a pee break and four for food, but I kept it quick since I was alone. I think I was able to keep the stops down to under two hours total(not including overnights).

Honestly, if coming solo or with only one other person, I would fly. If coming with a family or a larger group, I would drive to save money.

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    This is absolutely one of those flights that you should just drive to MSP for. Going to save $400 a ticket most likely.
    depends if youre in eastern or western north dakota...eastern-go to minneapolis without a doubt.

western...almost would take more time to drive to minneapolis/deal with flights and airports than to just roll up your sleeves and drive montana in a day or night and arrive at the same time