Page 269 of 390 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    They always say or write 3 straight titles...damn JMU.
    I know. Good problem to have that the media "only" talks about the last 3 straight titles. LOL

It bugs me too.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

Pretty sure he's upgraded since I lived in Oregon 16 years ago. Try to stay on topic. Should be a great game between two great teams. Really disappointed that I can't make due to the fact that I recently moved to the geographical opposite of the state of Oregon. I have always liked NDSU and followed them every year and loved it when they beat FBS teams. I came here to talk football with y'all (lol) and I haven't been influenced by the same homers that we have. Just hope it's a game day event and no one gets seriously injured. I think either team can lose the game and still win their football division championship. Pretty sure you guys will do that again. Just hope we can continue to compete for the final four...

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I see the Ducks lost
    their DB coach to USC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not only that but one of our lead recruiters.
    USC doing everything they can to stop the bleeding of recruits in their own backyard.

Rumor is also that Williams' dad (he's from LA) is sick and wants to be near him.

If that's the case, I wish him the best. This is a bummer for us for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep North View Post
    Hahahahaha! Yeah, that was me and you are DEFINITELY in the wrong place to think these people are going to be on your side about whose line is better. Let me get this straight, you came to MY BOARD and my people to talk trash about how you will win in the trenches. WE ARE ND and you...you are barking up thee entirely wrong tree. I’m really sorry I found your button so quickly. Usually I have to root around a little bit. Yeah, your line is gonna get beat and you are just going to have to come to terms with it. Tell me again about your recruiting class and stars though. I’m on the edge of my seat. Can’t wait to respond to all the other posts where you spoke with all these more enlightened fans that divulge the info you apparently require, though you don’t have any clue what you’re talking about. Where again is your blog and how much does it cost to subscribe to our own regurgitated information that you pass off as your own?
    What is a Notre Dame fan doing here?

Hi, Bison fans. Thanks for having us Ducks here.

For those of you heading out to Portland and then Eugene for the game many of us are happy to give you tips and advice on how to best enjoy your trip and experience. Safe travels to y'all, and I hope you get to experience some PNW hospitality. You're also welcome on Reddit /r/ducks where we are used to having visitors ask what to do in the state, as well as DucksAttack for a free board with some long time Duck football fans.

It's too far out to speculate too much for me. For one, we don't know for sure how our offense will look and who will be the QB. I only saw one NDSU game last year, JMU. Most of our fans don't follow FCS football, so don't be surprised to see plenty of Duck fans who will expect our usual 60-14 FCS or G-5 early season game. I think the Duck fans here have been pretty respectful, so don't be too mad at us. Most of us are expecting an entertaining game that won't be a blowout.

The match-up I'm most excited for is the Oregon pass rush and how NDSU handles it. Causing havoc, getting sacks, and creating TOs have been fun to watch and is the strength of our team because we have a great group of DBs who can survive on an island.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    Hi, Bison fans. Thanks for having us Ducks here.

For those of you heading out to Portland and then Eugene for the game many of us are happy to give you tips and advice on how to best enjoy your trip and experience. Safe travels to y'all, and I hope you get to experience some PNW hospitality. You're also welcome on Reddit /r/ducks where we are used to having visitors ask what to do in the state, as well as DucksAttack for a free board with some long time Duck football fans.

It's too far out to speculate too much for me. For one, we don't know for sure how our offense will look and who will be the QB. I only saw one NDSU game last year, JMU. Most of our fans don't follow FCS football, so don't be surprised to see plenty of Duck fans who will expect our usual 60-14 FCS or G-5 early season game. I think the Duck fans here have been pretty respectful, so don't be too mad at us. Most of us are expecting an entertaining game that won't be a blowout.

The match-up I'm most excited for is the Oregon pass rush and how NDSU handles it. Causing havoc, getting sacks, and creating TOs have been fun to watch and is the strength of our team because we have a great group of DBs who can survive on an island.
    I agree it should be interesting how we counter this. In the past teams that can put excellent dbs on an island and clog up the running game with blitzes and numbers have been problematic. Can our wrs win the one on ones?? Probably best group collectively we've had. Can we get a screen game going or scheme for our RB's in the passing game vs your lbs. Over the last couple years screens have become few and far between but we have utilised the RB's in the passing game down field with success. And our o line should be excellent and come out with some nastiness against a top talent d line. Should be fun
    Last edited by Twincitybizon; 02-11-2020 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Typo

In terms of offensive scheme, I’ll just add this to the discussion. The last NDSU OC (now at KSU with HC CK) did what I thought was an awesome job of mixing in more modern zone-read and RPO stuff with the under-center power-run game and the associated assortment of play-action, etc. My impression at the time was that this kind of stuff was new to NDSU.

In one of his preseason interviews, the new OC (Tyler Roehl, former Bison fullback and all around beast) acknowledged that this would be a run-heavy offense, but that you simply can’t ignore the new offensive trends. The experts here can correct me if I am wrong, but my impression was that the Bison utilized the zone-read QB run game quite a bit in the JMU game, for example, but I don't recall seeing very many RPOs in the offensive playbook this past season. So I’m guessing they must have been saving these for the ducks. Utilizing RBs and tight ends in a short passing game in this manner strikes me as the best way to attack the aggressive, uber-talented and highly starred Duck D.

Cripes guys, it isn't even March yet …

keep on waddling over here duck farts
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by nogerO View Post
    Pretty sure he's upgraded since I lived in Oregon 16 years ago. Try to stay on topic. Should be a great game between two great teams. Really disappointed that I can't make due to the fact that I recently moved to the geographical opposite of the state of Oregon. I have always liked NDSU and followed them every year and loved it when they beat FBS teams. I came here to talk football with y'all (lol) and I haven't been influenced by the same homers that we have. Just hope it's a game day event and no one gets seriously injured. I think either team can lose the game and still win their football division championship. Pretty sure you guys will do that again. Just hope we can continue to compete for the final four...
    I don't think that would be the case for Oregon. A one-loss season can still possibly get them into the CFP, but a loss to an FCS team? No pressure on NDSU.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Again, the Duck fans missed the point. Michigan was 11-2 coming off a Rose Bowl appearance the previous season. They ended up being overrated, but lets not pretend that cant happen to Oregon either.
    That absolutely can happen but teams who run antiquated offensive systems like Iowa and Michigan are far more likely to take severe drops with lost production than modern numbers based offenses. Our defense will be elite. The offense is the question mark and there are a lot of solid options that can be answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk