Page 71 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    He is under contract in the CFL...he cannot leave
    1. A #2 string (or #3 still?) CFL quarterback is not on radar or list of potential replacements for Nfl coaches.
    2. If Brock was on the radar, a CFL player makes half the salary of a NFL practice squad player. They'd figure a way out for him to leave.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree with you for the most part. I would be shocked if they tried out Jensen. However, the bison success may keep his name relevant. It is much harder for the league to forget the guy who kept the oft talked about Wentz on the bench, and Jensen's name seems to appear every time the bison dynasty is discussed. It helps his name brand a bit. I believe that he had a tryout for some NFL team last year, so it is not unheard of, just uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. I would be shocked if they tried out Jensen. However, the bison success may keep his name relevant. It is much harder for the league to forget the guy who kept the oft talked about Wentz on the bench, and Jensen's name seems to appear every time the bison dynasty is discussed. It helps his name brand a bit. I believe that he had a tryout for some NFL team last year, so it is not unheard of, just uncommon.
    Everything between the first and last sentence seems kinda like crazy talk.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Everything between the first and last sentence seems kinda like crazy talk.
    Not at all. It's not like teams have him as their first choice to try out, but the national media attention that the bison championship run gets has helped Jensen IMO. His achievements get more air time than all the other FCS players that didn't pan out in the NFL. He's probably more of a last resort type guy to most teams, but he is less likely to be completely forgotten than some of the other CFL players. Not basing that on homerism. I'm not sure Jensen will ever be an NFL talent. I'm just basing this off human psychology (recency effect)

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I don't think Jensen will ever be in the NFL and don't think teams would bring him in for an injured player. He is a 3rd string qb in the cfl and can't even be the backup. He had a great run for ndsu and was a clutch player but didn't have the best arm. Lots of games won from our great defense.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Brock Jensen is not in any NFL teams radar.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Watching the final drive against Kstate yesterday it was fun to remember how clutch Jenson was on that drive. He wasn't going to let his team lose. Great FCS QB but not an NFL QB, and that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Watching the final drive against Kstate yesterday it was fun to remember how clutch Jenson was on that drive. He wasn't going to let his team lose. Great FCS QB but not an NFL QB, and that's okay.
    Memory jog here: Warren Moon played six season of CFL football before catching on in the NFL.........I'd hold off making statements like this. Give the boy a few years..........

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Memory jog here: Warren Moon played six season of CFL football before catching on in the NFL.........I'd hold off making statements like this. Give the boy a few years..........
    Warren Moon played at the University of Washington and was one of the most talented players in college football. He was passed on due to the color of his skin. While in the CFL, Warren Moon lead his team to five consecutive Grey Cup championships and was the MVP of the league. You can't even begin to compare Warren Moon's career to Brock's.

Brock Jensen will never be an NFL QB. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Warren Moon played at the University of Washington and was one of the most talented players in college football. He was passed on due to the color of his skin. While in the CFL, Warren Moon lead his team to five consecutive Grey Cup championships and was the MVP of the league. You can't even begin to compare Warren Moon's career to Brock's.

Brock Jensen will never be an NFL QB. Period.
    I love Brock as much as the next guy, but this is 100% correct.