Page 57 of 257 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison in the NFL

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Great for Marcus... hopefully he takes advantage of this opportunity.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Okay, I like good press for Williams, but tiny North Dakota State. WTF? What the heck is Notre Dame then?
    I recently read a comparison between Carson Wentz and Blake Bortles in which the author asserted that both qb's come from small schools. Central Florida has an enrollment of nearly 61,000 students. These guys don't let facts stand in the way of telling a story.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Okay, I like good press for Williams, but tiny North Dakota State. WTF? What the heck is Notre Dame then?
    $10 billion richer??

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    I recently read a comparison between Carson Wentz and Blake Bortles in which the author asserted that both qb's come from small schools. Central Florida has an enrollment of nearly 61,000 students. These guys don't let facts stand in the way of telling a story.
    LOL....that is great stuff.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When they say "small" school, I don't believe they are talking about enrollment. They are referring to level of play.... with every school not playing FBS considered a "small" or lower level school. The fact is that if they were referring to enrollment, then Notre Dame with about 12,100 enrollment would be a "small" school.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    When they say "small" school, I don't believe they are talking about enrollment. They are referring to level of play.... with every school not playing at a P5 school is considered a "small" or lower level school. The fact is that if they were referring to enrollment, then Notre Dame with about 12,100 enrollment would be a "small" school.
    FIFY
    10char

When they say "small" school, I don't believe they are talking about enrollment. They are referring to level of play.... with every school not playing FBS considered a "small" or lower level school. The fact is that if they were referring to enrollment, then Notre Dame with about 12,100 enrollment would be a "small" school.

The author used the term "tiny" to describe NDSU. This implies the size of the school is small. I suspect the author made an assumption as to size of the school since NDSU is not an FBS member. Also, it sounds better if Marcus Williams had to overcome more obstacles (in this case, a tiny school) to become the starting CB for the Jets. Again, facts don't matter when you have a story to tell.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    "When they say "small" school, I don't believe they are talking about enrollment. They are referring to level of play.... with every school not playing FBS considered a "small" or lower level school. The fact is that if they were referring to enrollment, then Notre Dame with about 12,100 enrollment would be a "tiny" and "small" school."

The author used the term "tiny" to describe NDSU. This implies the size of the school is small. I suspect the author made an assumption as to size of the school since NDSU is not an FBS member. Also, it sounds better if Marcus Williams had to overcome more obstacles (in this case, a tiny school) to become the starting CB for the Jets. Again, facts don't matter when you have a story to tell.
    Okay, fixed it.

Okay, fixed it.
    We all get that. We are saying they sound dumb doing so.

Okay, fixed it.

Thank you. I feel better.