Page 221 of 257 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2567

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ive actually had a back injury that mimicked exactly what you saw on TV. If his back injury was true I am still surprised they would have cleared him to return to the field.
    Did you hit your head on the turf before or after you fell over twice?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ive actually had a back injury that mimicked exactly what you saw on TV. If his back injury was true I am still surprised they would have cleared him to return to the field.
    I've actually made a batch of meth that made you mimick what you saw there eh.

Lardsin must go!

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Was that the zombie meth from Halloween last year. Heard it was the bomb in Cartwright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Hottie, are you, by any chance, related to Tinkle from Moonshiners?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

One things for sure the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree does not give a fuck about qb health or safety eh. It's part of the game plan.

Lardsin must go!

Isn't it interesting how quickly the social media mob has switched from "the NFL doesn't care about protecting players!" after the Tua injury(s) to "they need to put skirts on the QBs!" after all the controversial roughing the passer calls this past weekend???

We gotta have our cake and eat it too NFL...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Isn't it interesting how quickly the social media mob has switched from "the NFL doesn't care about protecting players!" after the Tua injury(s) to "they need to put skirts on the QBs!" after all the controversial roughing the passer calls this past weekend???

We gotta have our cake and eat it too NFL...
    Well yeah, but I think the outcry has been justified in both scenarios. People weren't crying about the hit(s) on Tua or the lack of a penalty. They were critical of the handling of it after the fact when he was obviously injured. Now they're being critical of referees throwing RIDICULOUS penalties. Like literally defenders have to think twice about tackling a quarterback now. Which brings me to my next point:

Were the flags the past couple of weeks a reaction by the NFL telling referees to protect quarterbacks more? The timing is a little weird to me as you mention. If so, that is terrible, terrible scapegoating/blame deflection/conflict resolution by the NFL...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

There have always been questionable roughing the passer calls since the rules changed. I'm not sure what the defense is supposed to do if you can't:
    land on the QB even though the ball is in one of your hands
    spin them down to the ground while you are chasing a very mobile QB
    hit them too high
    hit them too low
    brush the side of their helmet as you attempt to knock down a pass

Maybe they should teach QBs to get rid of the ball sooner.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well yeah, but I think the outcry has been justified in both scenarios. People weren't crying about the hit(s) on Tua or the lack of a penalty. They were critical of the handling of it after the fact when he was obviously injured. Now they're being critical of referees throwing RIDICULOUS penalties. Like literally defenders have to think twice about tackling a quarterback now. Which brings me to my next point:

Were the flags the past couple of weeks a reaction by the NFL telling referees to protect quarterbacks more? The timing is a little weird to me as you mention. If so, that is terrible, terrible scapegoating/blame deflection/conflict resolution by the NFL...
    Have you ever known the NFL (at least in the last 10 years) to not overreact when there's a PR risk/opportunity? I'd put the likelihood at about 99.6% that there was a memo/directive sent to league officials before last week's games to be more loose with roughing the pass calls when the QB gets slung to the ground.

Watson is hurt? crap
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?