Page 125 of 257 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2566

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Chris Board with 2 tackles, 1 of them solo in the game last night.
    Did he only play on special teams?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Did he only play on special teams?
    I flipped to the channel towards the end and I think I saw him in on a few plays as MLB. I could be wrong though, they also have a starting linebacker who has #48. Wish i had rewind for my tv.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was half watching the 4th quarter in a bar in KC (after leaving the Twins debacle early), saw Board on a Ravens kickoff. Didn't see him at LB.

Their starting MLB went down so his role may be expanding especially if they suffer yet another injury at the position. It also appears the Jaguars are not carrying too many LB's on the active roster so if there is an injury there Deluca could find himself on the active roster pretty quickly.

Billy Turner was pretty awesome yesterday filling in for an injured (surprise, surprise) Jared Veldheer.

Brandon Perna of That's Good Sports gave him some props in his own weird perverse way (12:10 - careful, he's not safe for work most of the times).

Hail the BISON!!!

Billy Turner ready to go this weekend: https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/2...de=WebAccessSP

Broncos right tackle Jared Veldheer’s concussion kept him out of a second consecutive practice on Thursday, putting his status for Sunday’s game at Baltimore further in doubt.

But in Billy Turner, the Broncos feel they have a more-than-serviceable option.

Turner, 26, would be making his first start in two years (one apiece at left guard and left tackle for Miami). Since then, he has been waived by the Dolphins and Ravens and joined the Broncos in October 2016.

Turner played the final 34 snaps in place of Veldheer against Oakland this past Sunday. Per the Denver Post game charting, Turner had only one “bad” run play (gain of three or fewer yards not including short-yardage).

“We were really pleased with Billy,” offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave said. “He came in and pass protected and run blocked well. That was huge.”

Said Turner: “I played all right. Obviously, it wasn’t perfect by any means, but it gave me something to look at to know what to improve on.”

The Broncos rallied from a 12-0 halftime deficit to win 20-19.

Veldheer worked in a helmet (no pads) off to the side during the media viewing period Thursday.

Turner spent the first two weeks of the regular season rotating between right and left tackle. He said playing exclusively right tackle this week “is no different.”

“I always have a good feel for the game plan because I’m always in my (play) book and I know my opponent,” he said.

The Broncos’ offensive line has allowed only two sacks in two games.

“There is great synergy in the room,” Musgrave said. “We have good parts but the sum of the parts is probably greater.”
    Hail the BISON!!!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ramon Humber lit up Diggs against the Vikings on a play near the sidelines. I had to quit watching that game and switched over to the Iggles. He's kind of a forgotten one... he's had himself a nice long NFL career.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Ramon Humber lit up Diggs against the Vikings on a play near the sidelines. I had to quit watching that game and switched over to the Iggles. He's kind of a forgotten one... he's had himself a nice long NFL career.
    i was thinking the same thing after that hit on Diggs, He has been around the NFL for a while and making some serious$$$. He still shows good speed and as always, lots of pop!

UDFA in 2009. 2018 Salary of $915,000. Very nice career.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.