Page 201 of 257 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2567

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Cordell Volson got 1st team reps at LG in Cincinnati yesterday for the first time since training camp started. Either he is impressing or Jackson Carman is underwhelming. I don't have an account for the Cincy Enquirer but it sounds like a recent article from there claims that Carman is in the coaching staff's doghouse: https://twitter.com/CharlieG__/statu...25266161418241

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Cordell Volson got 1st team reps at LG in Cincinnati yesterday for the first time since training camp started. Either he is impressing or Jackson Carman is underwhelming. I don't have an account for the Cincy Enquirer but it sounds like a recent article from there claims that Carman is in the coaching staff's doghouse: https://twitter.com/CharlieG__/statu...25266161418241
    Here's a recent article :

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-re...-far-from-over
    "Everybody wants to be on a championship team, but nobody wants to come to practice."-Bobby Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FCSFan View Post
    Man... those o-line coaches can come up with some doozies

"[Volson] definitely has sh-- in his neck," Pollack said with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Man... those o-line coaches can come up with some doozies
    I don't even know what that means!
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Long and short from what I have heard is that Carman has the physical ability and came with more expectations when drafted. But as the kids say, he doesn't have that dawg in him. Doesn't finish, doesn't get mean, super inconsistent. The fanbase seems to be pretty vocal that they want the blue collar Volson as their starting guard in place of Carman. Fingers crossed!
    Rixen

Any ex bison players not survive the roster reductions? I know that there are 3 separate cut days leading up to the final game of the preseason and teams must have their rosters reduced to 53 by August 30th. Good luck to all of them !!!

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Any ex bison players not survive the roster reductions? I know that there are 3 separate cut days leading up to the final game of the preseason and teams must have their rosters reduced to 53 by August 30th. Good luck to all of them !!!
    Sunday night we will see
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Every Bison survived the first cut (last week Tuesday) but that was only from 90ish to 85. The next cut is next Tuesday from 85 down to 80. Then the following Tuesday is from 80 down to 53. The big Kahuna of cuts. To Chapo's point though they don't have to wait until next Tuesday, cuts could start happening this weekend.

Another small note, the practice squad available roster size (larger) and eligibility rules (more lax) changed during covid in the last couple years but they kept those rules moving forward. Which is a pretty big boon for some of our fringe Bison to make the PS if the top 53 doesn't work out.
    Rixen

Cordell is 100% in the driver seat to be the week 1 starter at this point. He outplayed Carman badly in the opener, and has been running with the #1s since. Carman was actually running more with the 3s after his terrible performance, and then tested positive for COVID. If Cordell plays well this week against the Giants, who are reportedly going to play starters, he probably won't even need to play in the third preseason game.

Big week for the 14 or so former Bison players hoping to latch on a roster. Good luck to all. Some are shoo-ins (Wentz, Turner, Lance, Stick, Volson, Haeg, Tuska, Radunz). Missing anyone?