Page 220 of 257 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2567

Thread: Bison in the NFL

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Are you accusing them of hypocrisy or perspective?
    Both Drew Brees and Rodney Harrison have stated on the Dan Patrick show this week they lied about concussions in order to get back on the field. What should the NFL do? Mandate a 10-day/20-day/30-day no practice/no play recovery period? Perhaps. My high school daughter suffered a concussion 3 weeks ago in volleyball diving into a teammates knee (affected vision in one eye and migraine). She had to wait 5-days before even allowed to see a doctor and get clearance and 10 days before playing.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Both Drew Brees and Rodney Harrison have stated on the Dan Patrick show this week they lied about concussions in order to get back on the field. What should the NFL do? Mandate a 10-day/20-day/30-day no practice/no play recovery period? Perhaps. My high school daughter suffered a concussion 3 weeks ago in volleyball diving into a teammates knee (affected vision in one eye and migraine). She had to wait 5-days before even allowed to see a doctor and get clearance and 10 days before playing.
    He displayed gross motor instability after a blow to the head. He should have been a no go on Sunday he shouldn’t have returned to that game and he should have been subject to the full return to play protocol which is typically a 6 day process meaning he never should have been on the field Thursday.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    What can you do if a player sandbags on their baseline test so when they are concussed, the tests look "normal" and there are no obvious physical signs 30 minutes later in a locker room examination?
    Then that player gets to take their long-term health (or even life) into their hands. Cheating on a test that is meant to reveal an injury that you oftentimes cannot diagnose on your own as a player gets you exactly what you deserve. I understood this 15 years ago when we did baseline testing in high school.

Did I want to get back on the field as fast as I could? Of course! Did I want it so bad that I was willing to accept the potential for major neurological damage from it? Absolutely not. We all make choices

...and for that reason, the baseline should be one part of it. Objective medical professionals need to be involved in the decisions, and they need to do their jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I mean that's the point. They're proving the point that you can't just trust players to say that they're good. They have money on the line, teammates to play for, pressure from fans, media, coaches, etc. Hell, pride is a powerful thing.

That's why you need the medical professional that is totally disconnected from all influence besides the health and welfare of the players. And they need to do their jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

can someone start a new thread and move these posts.

16 NDSU NFL players
    12 on Active Roster is even more inpressive
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

16 NDSU NFL players
    Why? You not getting enough positive affirmation here.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I wonder how many of the former players that were in such an uproar on social media last night after Tua's injury would've been the same guys to do anything they could to get back on the field?
    Guy on Dan Patrick this morning... I think Rodney Harrison said he lied all the time to stay on the field.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Why? You not getting enough positive affirmation here.
    I'm not in the NFL
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    That should tell you all you need to know about the quality of the concussion protocols as applied. He displayed gross muscle instability (he fell over once and would have fallen over again if two teammates hadn’t grabbed him under the arms) after his head bounced of the turf and somehow two medical professionals decided that the cause wasn’t neurological.
    Ive actually had a back injury that mimicked exactly what you saw on TV. If his back injury was true I am still surprised they would have cleared him to return to the field.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

16 NDSU NFL players
    https://twitter.com/DillanMJohnson1/...56206820028416