Page 141 of 257 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2566

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. FBS players will usually get chosen over FCS players. Have to clearly stand out coming from FCS.
    48 FCS players made rosters. CJ Smith the only Bison.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...f-rosters-bzbz
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Marcus Williams ran the Miami Half Marathon

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a2...R13_s4c4t6lCCo

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Marcus Williams ran the Miami Half Marathon

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a2...R13_s4c4t6lCCo
    All right, have to ask...does Marcus running a half marathon at 2:45, even if he didn't prep, seem really slow?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    All right, have to ask...does Marcus running a half marathon at 2:45, even if he didn't prep, seem really slow?
    Well, Leonard Williams beat him, so....

13.1 miles in 2:45 for a professional athlete would be painful. That is 12 1/2 minute miles. I have seen old people at the mall walking faster than that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sure it’s slow. But do you think he was really out there to set the world on fire, untrained having never done anything approaching that distance before? Just finish and don’t damage yourself. Mission accomplished.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    13.1 miles in 2:45 for a professional athlete would be painful. That is 12 1/2 minute miles. I have seen old people at the mall walking faster than that.

Probably could have used some kind of pre- marathon supplement or something?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BS. I'm 49 and can do 15 min miles with a 20# pack and rifle or bow. I doubt an old person can do that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

My guess, a lot of socializing was being done during the race with fans (ex. stopping to sign autographs or taking pictures). I don't know if Marcus is currently under contract, but if so, there might be strong limits as to what he can do physically without breaching a contract.
    Hail the BISON!!!

He definitely walked the majority. I walked a half marathon in 2008 with my grandpa who was 60 at the time and we did it in 3:06. Just looked up the results for a point of reference