Page 112 of 257 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2567

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    IDK, Williams college career was stellar but the guy who had 36 picks, made the pro bowl and has two Super Bowl rings for the Broncos had a much better NFL career.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    IDK, Williams college career was stellar but the guy who had 36 picks, made the pro bowl and has two Super Bowl rings for the Broncos had a much better NFL career.
    Braxton was a pretty average at best corner in the NFL but had great success at safety at his 2nd stint in Denver. I think Marcus a better pure cover corner and he played in the pass happy era with much better receivers . Both are good players

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    27 years old and he earned $4,155,563 in 4 years and is vested in the NFL pension and the NFL annuity plan.
    NFL Pension Plan: $201,453 annually at age 65 or $76,920 annually at age 55.

As long as he is smart with his money and doesnt spend like a rock star, he has one hell of a head start on life! Not to mention he still has a normal working career ahead of him.
    Man, if those numbers are correct, what a great deal for Marcus. He just has to get any job good enough to pay for whatever lifestyle he wants, and doesn't even really have to worry about having enough when he retires at 65. If he gets a decent job and saves for retirement, he almost certainly could retire at 55, too. What a deal and good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Man, if those numbers are correct, what a great deal for Marcus. He just has to get any job good enough to pay for whatever lifestyle he wants, and doesn't even really have to worry about having enough when he retires at 65. If he gets a decent job and saves for retirement, he almost certainly could retire at 55, too. What a deal and good for him.
    Marcus now can do whatever hes good and passionate at. As long as hes smart with his money and doesnt go out and buy a bunch of cars or something stupid, those NFL earnings can be a nest egg for the rest of his life. Its pretty easy to live when you are working, have no debt or payments, own your house and throw a million bucks into the system at 27. That's how you get fuck you money.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Braxton was a pretty average at best corner in the NFL but had great success at safety at his 2nd stint in Denver. I think Marcus a better pure cover corner and he played in the pass happy era with much better receivers . Both are good players
    I love Marcus, but so far their careers aren't even close to comparable. League may be more pass friendly, but Braxton was still playing against Marino, Montana, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, and Farve. I think it gets easy to lean towards more recent players in our comparisons. But I feel this NFL comparison is a pretty easy one, at least so far. Hope Marcus still latches onto another team.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He's made about 2.5 after taxes and agent fees, if he's saved 40% that he has a 1mil nestegg, bank that and work for 10 years doing anything and let that interest work for him and he's gonna have a good life.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I love Marcus, but so far their careers aren't even close to comparable. League may be more pass friendly, but Braxton was still playing against Marino, Montana, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, and Farve. I think it gets easy to lean towards more recent players in our comparisons. But I feel this NFL comparison is a pretty easy one, at least so far. Hope Marcus still latches onto another team.
    History is overly kind to him, especially when you go out on top. He wasnt a starter at corner until I think his 3rd year and had a big time year. Then he blew out his knee the following year. He came back and wasnt as quick and wasnt great in coverage but had a knack for big plays and he sure could tackle. Had some good moments but was cut a few years later. The Dolphins tried him at safety for a year and wasnt re signed. The move to safety was what propelled him to a better position for his post knee skills which made him to a Denver legend and deservingly so. He was a great safety. His speed was gone but he was a great tackler and had great ball skills. He was great corner for a year until the knee injury. He certainly had a knack for the big plays.

So when I compare Marcus to Braxton, I think of him as a safety.

First Broncos Depth Chart release today. Billy Turner is on the second RT behind Jared Veldheer (expect Billy to see tons of playing time due to Jared's injury history) while C.J. Smith is the third LCB behind Bradley Roby and Tremaine Brock. I expect C.J. will see a lot of preseason action as Brock has been nonexistent during practice the past week and a half. He's also starting to get his name mentioned in the press for good play, so he's got a chance at making the team.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart
    Hail the BISON!!!

At about 38 seconds in, C.J. Smith (#28) makes yesterday's highlight reel with a pass break-up.

I look forward to seeing him get a ton of action tomorrow night.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 08-10-2018 at 09:24 PM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    At about 38 seconds in, C.J. Smith (#28) makes yesterday's highlight reel with a pass break-up.

http://<a href="https://www.youtube....ibqO-_i9ts</a>

I look forward to seeing him get a ton of action tomorrow night.
    The link isn't working, at least for me.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix