Page 256 of 260 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2592

Thread: Bison in the NFL

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

You're correct! It was TD577 and I discussing salary cap. My mistake! Sorry man.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don’t know who may or may not have said the NFL owners earn too much but I know it wasn’t me.

I also did not say I am a fan of public hostage taking for sports stadiums. I never have been. However, we built a new one here in Mpls about seven years ago or so. The city of Minneapolis still has some millions to pay off but the rest of us MN taxpayers are in the black. When the NFL has a game we have 10’s of thousands of guests who come to town to eat, drink, park, stay, rent cabs, rent Ubers, AirBnb, VRBO, and on and on and on…. The Wilf organization is paying for half of the facility and only using it about as many days a year as you can count on two hands. That’s a win for us. We getting PAID!

Crowds? Traffic? Let’s say 75,000 came to town for a Sunday event. In a metro of 3,000,000 who would even notice? Well, except for the hotel staffs, restaurant staffs, security services, cabbies, etc. We have much more traffic during rush hour on any given workday.
    It's logical for the cities to own the stadiums. The NFL teams only use it 8-12 times a season, but the stadium is used probably 200+ days. If the teams owned it then guess who gets all the revenue from those other events? The owners that everyone hates. If the city owns it they are motivated to find other events to host. Indy has hosted the Super Bowl, CFP Championships, multiple Final Fours, every NFL Combine since the 90s, and this summer the US Olympic Swimming and Diving championships. Plus many other events. One of the biggest is the FFA Convention! I'm not sure if they operate in the black, but it makes a lot more sense for those events to be run by the city convention organization than an NFL team. I hear Travis Kelce's girlfriend is having a little gathering there this Fall.

Indy would be just a bigger Omaha if it wasn't for their investment in sports and the facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Looks like approval to me?

"Plus the millions in local hospitality, dining, advertising, transportation etc. business for eight to ten whole days every year? Meh. We good wit dat bro."
    Making lies up does not serve you well.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Making lies up does not serve you well.
    Look you clown, I already admitted the error and apologized. We don't need you trying to stir up shit that isn't there.

To pull a Chapo...ran into Hunter's Dad at the Knickerbocker on Saturday night (he was back in town to see the newborn granddaughter) and chatted with him for a bit. He was saying that Hunter was super happy with how his year went, played more than he anticipated, and that he absolutely loves Dallas. Apparently the Coaching staff/front office told him they'd like to see him up around 250 for next year and see the potential for an increased role....very cool to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    To pull a Chapo...ran into Hunter's Dad at the Knickerbocker on Saturday night (he was back in town to see the newborn granddaughter) and chatted with him for a bit. He was saying that Hunter was super happy with how his year went, played more than he anticipated, and that he absolutely loves Dallas. Apparently the Coaching staff/front office told him they'd like to see him up around 250 for next year and see the potential for an increased role....very cool to hear.
    If you had pulled a Chapo, you would have ran into Hunter’s grandma while she was soaking in the hot tub at the Holliday Inn. Maybe took her out for a glass of wine after.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You guys need to quit pulling Chapos!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

See a F.Forum article saying E.Stick resigned with chargers again

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Reading a lot about Dallas and their running back situation. Hunter must have signed for a few years eh???

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Great to hear. Thanks for sharing.