Page 115 of 257 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2567

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    So you think very highly of him.
    There is one poster on BV who does.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Wentz
    Haeg
    Emanual
    Turner
    M Will
    Chris Board
    CJ Smith
    Ramon Humber.

that's all who's on a roster as of 8/13/18 right? John Crockett was cut by KC Chiefs on 6/15....
    Lakes, that looks right to me. Man, what a career Humber has had.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Kelly actually looked pretty good last night. Didn't realize he had a cannon for an arm until i saw him throw the pigskin a few times. He has at least 5X more football knowledge and composure than Lynch. Of course that's like comparing him to a potato, so it should be expected. I still can't believe some people thought Lynch would be the best in that class.
    I've been pretty high on Kelly's potential, and still feel he's the Broncos future, regardless of Bisonator98's response to my prediction in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    As I stated in my earlier post, Keenum isn't going to Denver to win a Super Bowl. He's the bridge for Chad Kelly.

In regards to Case vs. Kirk, I don't know what Keenum's record versus winning teams is, but it is definitely better than Kirk's 4-19 record. It will be interesting how Kirk's new reality show affects his performance this upcoming year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Mr. Irrelevant?
    Seems like a lot of NFL "experts" have totally forgotten how good Kelly was in college after he tore his ACL. For as much publicity as Josh Allen got for being able to toss the ball 70 yards, Chad has had that ability too, except I "think" he's a bit more accurate. It's going to be interesting to see how the next year or two evolve. The first thing that needs to happen is if Elway can get a set of used cleats for Paxton Lynch.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I'm surprised Elway still has his job. His moves have been awful.

I wouldn't judge Kelly on how he looked against the Vikes 3's and 4's who will probably be looking for jobs in 3 weeks.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Chris Board apparently had a nice leaping INT in the back of the endzone today. The Ravens are definitely giving him an opportunity to play. He may even make the roster if he keeps up the progress.

I wouldn't judge Kelly on how he looked against the Vikes 3's and 4's who will probably be looking for jobs in 3 weeks.
    Offensive drafting, mostly yes, have been bad to terrible. Defense-wise, he's been pretty good. That's why I believe Kubiak was brought back and why this past year's draft was unbelievable great.

In regards to Kelly, trust me, "Swag" is going to be this team's future, maybe sooner than in two years.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 08-14-2018 at 12:09 AM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Chris Board apparently had a nice leaping INT in the back of the endzone today. The Ravens are definitely giving him an opportunity to play. He may even make the roster if he keeps up the progress.
    He was always one of the best athletes on the team with the Bison. Really happy to see him doing well in his first NFL preseason. Really appreciate him as an out of state player sticking with the Bison through a position change and always being a monster on special teams. Really proved how much heart he has and I'm sure that will continue to serve him well in the NFL.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Although I agree with your opinion on recent draft picks, we/Broncos don't win a 3rd SB without Elway's influence on Manning being a Bronco.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Although I agree with your opinion on recent draft picks, we/Broncos don't win a 3rd SB without Elway's influence on Manning being a Bronco.
    do they still win a SB that year without Manning? he was brutal that year.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    do they still win a SB that year without Manning? he was brutal that year.
    They weren't getting there with Osweiler. Manning healed up in time to rally the Broncos back against the Chargers in the second half of week #17 to seal home-field advantage. A lot of small, little things went the Broncos' way that season, but most of those things were because the defense.

With that said, as much as Elway has had his faults (parties too much in my opinion), his decision making and sealing the deal skills got the Broncos five AFC West Division titles, two Super Bowl appearances and one World Championship in his now eight-year tenure. That's an impressive resume for anyone.

With that said, lets get this thread back on topic (yes, I'm a bit to blame for the tangent). Billy Turner was getting some props from former Broncos O-Lineman, Orlando Franklin, on TheFan today. Franklin was a guest host filling in today and had to correct the regular host when the regular tried to put blame on Billy for a sack Lynch sustained during the game. Franklin pointed out that the sack wasn't Billy's fault as he took care of his assignment while the RT missed his.
    Hail the BISON!!!