Page 117 of 257 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2566

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Almost like the coaches didn't put him in the right place, right away.......exactly my point.
    I think he would have developed into a good strong safety in time but the move made sense. He struggled initially and the staff saw some obvious potential in Grimsley who is now a stud. They also saw a need at linebacker and Board turned into a late blooming stud. I think we may see Jaxon Browne take a similar path. Too much talent at safety but not as much at linebacker. Will contribute this year and next year hes a stud

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is Board the one who missed the tackle against that d bag running back from Montana on that last second touchdown?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Is Board the one who missed the tackle against that d bag running back from Montana on that last second touchdown?
    I don't know that he really missed it but wasn't in great position to make the tackle. One of the few games that didn't go our way the last 7 years. Remembering back on it, it was a pretty exciting one.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Board made a very poor read on that play. Would have had a great chance to stop him.

He seems like he may learning quickly and in the right position to have a great chance to make an NFL team. One year ago would any of us have thought that Board had the best chance to make a team over Deluca or Weineke from SDSU.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Yes. Now contrast that with last year's playoffs. Board really grew into the position.

Maybe it was posted earlier, but I will remember Board for his outstanding play on kickoff and punt coverage. Special teams accounted for 46 of his 124 tackles.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think he would have developed into a good strong safety in time but the move made sense. He struggled initially and the staff saw some obvious potential in Grimsley who is now a stud. They also saw a need at linebacker and Board turned into a late blooming stud. I think we may see Jaxon Browne take a similar path. Too much talent at safety but not as much at linebacker. Will contribute this year and next year hes a stud
    Linebacker depth is biggest concern for 2018 as far as I see it. I would think Jaxon might see some playing time pretty quick as long as he learns enough of the new position. Man we need the ones at LB to stay healthy.

C.J. Smith looked extremely solid last night against the Bears, especially compared to the guys he is battling a roster spot for.

Billy Turner, outside his last play where he gave up an easy sack, also did well. It's pretty clear he'll make the team.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Chris Board scoops up a fumble on Special Teams!!!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Joe Haeg in playing center right now