Page 255 of 260 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2598

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Josh Hayes played for the Bizon for 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I LOVE the irony when a QB signs a big contract and then cries like a little bitch that his (underfunded) O line can't protect him. Karma at it's best!
    His o- line is underfunded. It's a messed up system. Multi-billion dollars involved and no one is watching the owners play. No one is putting a Hunt family jersey on. QBs have the leverage to get paid, lineman don't. That isn't Mahomes fault, it is the fault of the nfl and it is good Mahomes is complaining because who else will anyone listen to? Owners could add another billion to salaries and it wouldn't barely move their net worth.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    His o- line is underfunded. It's a messed up system. Multi-billion dollars involved and no one is watching the owners play. No one is putting a Hunt family jersey on. QBs have the leverage to get paid, lineman don't. That isn't Mahomes fault, it is the fault of the nfl and it is good Mahomes is complaining because who else will anyone listen to? Owners could add another billion to salaries and it wouldn't barely move their net worth.

If you gave them X amount more room in their salary cap, do you know where it would end up?
    Here's a hint....Not in the OL

If you gave them X amount more room in their salary cap, do you know where it would end up?
    Here's a hint....Not in the OL
    I don't disagree. Owners have also done a very good job making sure you think the salary cap is there to create parity. It's there to protect owners.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I don't disagree. Owners have also done a very good job making sure you think the salary cap is there to create parity. It's there to protect owners.

It's needed for parity, but you're correct in that it benefits the owners. My gripe is that with all of the money in the NFL, residents end up funding these multi-billion dollar palaces for them to operate their business out of, and then get tp put up with the traffic and crowds for every home game.

It's needed for parity, but you're correct in that it benefits the owners. My gripe is that with all of the money in the NFL, residents end up funding these multi-billion dollar palaces for them to operate their business out of, and then get tp put up with the traffic and crowds for every home game.
    Plus the millions in local hospitality, dining, advertising, transportation etc. business for eight to ten whole days every year? Meh. We good wit dat bro.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Plus the millions in local hospitality, dining, advertising, transportation etc. business for eight to ten whole days every year? Meh. We good wit dat bro.
    So you're saying that the owners are making too much, but the tax payers should provide their stadiums. Gotcha.

So you're saying that the owners are making too much, but the tax payers should provide their stadiums. Gotcha.
    Where did he say that????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Where did he say that????
    Looks like approval to me?

"Plus the millions in local hospitality, dining, advertising, transportation etc. business for eight to ten whole days every year? Meh. We good wit dat bro."

I don’t know who may or may not have said the NFL owners earn too much but I know it wasn’t me.

I also did not say I am a fan of public hostage taking for sports stadiums. I never have been. However, we built a new one here in Mpls about seven years ago or so. The city of Minneapolis still has some millions to pay off but the rest of us MN taxpayers are in the black. When the NFL has a game we have 10’s of thousands of guests who come to town to eat, drink, park, stay, rent cabs, rent Ubers, AirBnb, VRBO, and on and on and on…. The Wilf organization is paying for half of the facility and only using it about as many days a year as you can count on two hands. That’s a win for us. We getting PAID!

Crowds? Traffic? Let’s say 75,000 came to town for a Sunday event. In a metro of 3,000,000 who would even notice? Well, except for the hotel staffs, restaurant staffs, security services, cabbies, etc. We have much more traffic during rush hour on any given workday.
    Don't believe everything you think.