Page 253 of 259 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2589

Thread: Bison in the NFL

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

What a collapse by the Eagles over the last couple months. Could not have happened to a "nicer" team.

I’ve always been curious what the impact of artificially low rookie contracts meant for veterans’ contracts. I think for QBs it actually lowers their earning potential.

It’s possible for QB to be the most important position in sports and also for the industry to overestimate its value. I think both are true. Have for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I’ve always been curious what the impact of artificially low rookie contracts meant for veterans’ contracts. I think for QBs it actually lowers their earning potential.

It’s possible for QB to be the most important position in sports and also for the industry to overestimate its value. I think both are true. Have for a long time.
    Seems like a supply/scarcity issue.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is there anyone in the room that believes Dak is worth his price?

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Is there anyone in the room that believes Dak is worth his price?
    here we go
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Seems like a supply/scarcity issue.
    IIRC, the restrictions on rookie contracts were meant to keep more salary cap space for veterans. We’re starting to see that it just means more people on rookie contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    here we go
    Dak vs Baker Mayfield, I'll go grab my popcorn bowl... aaaand go!

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Dak vs Baker Mayfield, I'll go grab my popcorn bowl... aaaand go!
    Well Dak's current contract equates to roughly $40 million per year
    Baker Mayfield made $4 million this season

I'm not going to suggest anything, you all decide for yourselves who was money better spent this season.

The QB position is the most important position in sports period, not just football. So it naturally will pay more. Not everyone has top 20 QB skills so that is justified. The problem that frequently arises is when there is no room left in the cap to surround this star QB with top notch supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    IIRC, the restrictions on rookie contracts were meant to keep more salary cap space for veterans. We’re starting to see that it just means more people on rookie contracts.
    I was talking specifically about NFL starter capable QBs. But yes regarding the rookie contracts, I’d agree. The interests of owners and veterans aligned enough that they agreed to restrict rookie contracts and, predictably the owners are making out better on that deal in the long run. The owners successfully exploited the inherent difference between the parties time horizons.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Well Dak's current contract equates to roughly $40 million per year
    Baker Mayfield made $4 million this season

I'm not going to suggest anything, you all decide for yourselves who was money better spent this season.

The QB position is the most important position in sports period, not just football. So it naturally will pay more. Not everyone has top 20 QB skills so that is justified. The problem that frequently arises is when there is no room left in the cap to surround this star QB with top notch supporting cast.
    Prescott is sooooo over paid flipping ridiculous