Page 250 of 260 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2598

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    I think the argument is more that the NFLs collective wisdom was insane to think that drafting a guy who only played 1 season of FCS football would be ready to go immediately or by year 2 at the latest as a full time starter. The kid obviously should take the money if offered and work his ass off to get ready but some skills take repetition in actual game scenarios to build and you can't substitute backup reps in practice to simulate that. See Brock Purdy who even though he was the last overall pick and is fairly limited athletically, was a 4 year FBS starter who learned how to read defenses before entering the NFL. The NFL Overmind should have understood that and he should not have been projected as a 1st round pick that year, had he not been projected that high he would not have left too early for the draft to develop into a starting QB. As it is, he's one of the worst overall draft busts in NFL history but he's not solely to blame.
    Sure, but I don’t think that changes anything about what I typed either…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    I think the argument is more that the NFLs collective wisdom was insane to think that drafting a guy who only played 1 season of FCS football would be ready to go immediately or by year 2 at the latest as a full time starter. The kid obviously should take the money if offered and work his ass off to get ready but some skills take repetition in actual game scenarios to build and you can't substitute backup reps in practice to simulate that. See Brock Purdy who even though he was the last overall pick and is fairly limited athletically, was a 4 year FBS starter who learned how to read defenses before entering the NFL. The NFL Overmind should have understood that and he should not have been projected as a 1st round pick that year, had he not been projected that high he would not have left too early for the draft to develop into a starting QB. As it is, he's one of the worst overall draft busts in NFL history but he's not solely to blame.
    Thank you. You put the germane point out there much better than I did!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    in retrospect Trey needed more college reps to prepare him for the NFL
    He would have been the most well-prepared QB run guy, EVER.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Trey has been hurt by the timing of things he has no control over. As I recall, he was staying to play if covid hadn't derailed the 2020 season. Each time he had the chance to be the starter for SF he was injured early on and didn't get to play a lot. Just a lot of tough breaks for the kid playing time wise. And there's no way he could stay in college when he was going to be a high 1st round pick. Hope he gets a chance somewhere along the line. If not, hope his other ventures in life work out better timing wise. Either way, if he isn't the type to go crazy with his 1st round money, he should be ok!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Opie11 View Post
    Trey has been hurt by the timing of things he has no control over. As I recall, he was staying to play if covid hadn't derailed the 2020 season. Each time he had the chance to be the starter for SF he was injured early on and didn't get to play a lot. Just a lot of tough breaks for the kid playing time wise. And there's no way he could stay in college when he was going to be a high 1st round pick. Hope he gets a chance somewhere along the line. If not, hope his other ventures in life work out better timing wise. Either way, if he isn't the type to go crazy with his 1st round money, he should be ok!
    I have mentioned the same thing multiple times in relation to Trey. Timing has alot to do with jobs and life sometimes (and who ya know). He needs to be a backup somewhere and get a shot.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie11 View Post
    As I recall, he was staying to play if covid hadn't derailed the 2020 season.
    He had to, he couldn't declare for the NFL draft until after 3 years out from his high school graduating class. As it is, he's still only 23, he does still have time to turn it around if he wants to work for it.

It'll be curious to see what happens in Dallas this off season. What if Dak comes up small in the PO's? Do they keep Dak, Cooper Rush and Trey? Dak and Cooper are both 30. Trey's going into year 4 so they'll need to make a decision on his 5th year option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    It'll be curious to see what happens in Dallas this off season. What if Dak comes up small in the PO's? Do they keep Dak, Cooper Rush and Trey? Dak and Cooper are both 30. Trey's going into year 4 so they'll need to make a decision on his 5th year option.
    He's guaranteed $5.3m next year on his rookie deal whether he's cut or not so he likely keeps his roster spot at least 1 more year but there's no way the Cowboys exercise his 5th year option at a currently estimated $25m+. We'll see whether or not his practice reps have convinced the Cowboys that he's going to be the primary backup next season if they keep or cut Rush. If he can't beat out Cooper Rush for the backup slot he may as well just hang up his cleats as he likely won't get any better opportunity elsewhere.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I have mentioned the same thing multiple times in relation to Trey. Timing has alot to do with jobs and life sometimes (and who ya know). He needs to be a backup somewhere and get a shot.
    Success in the NFL has an element of luck. Look at Brock Purdy and Justin Fields. Good chance our perceptions of them are different if their situations are reversed. Lance was in a perfect position to possibly be successful if hadn't gotten hurt in week 2 of last year. He and Purdy were both college freshmen the same season (2018). Trey only started 17 games in college with only one outside the 2019 season. Brock started 46, including 8 his true freshman year. Trey started 4 games in 21 and 22 and threw 102 passes. Brock started 22 games those seasons (1 college and 1 NFL). This are critical snaps at a time a QB is truly learning their craft. Trey can definitely overcome that lack of experience, but losing all those years of snaps will be hard.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Question: when is the last time a former Bison player scored a TD in the NFL playoffs?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif