Page 140 of 257 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2567

Thread: Bison in the NFL

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Not the NFL but Crockett, Dempsey, and Kuhnert all didn’t make the final roster cuts for their teams in the new AAF league.

Kinda shocked with Crockett from the amount they were promoting him on social media.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    Not the NFL but Crockett, Dempsey, and Kuhnert all didn’t make the final roster cuts for their teams in the new AAF league.

Kinda shocked with Crockett from the amount they were promoting him on social media.
    Still relevant to the thread. Surprises me that none of those guys made it. Hope there are more opportunities somewhere for them.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Still relevant to the thread. Surprises me that none of those guys made it. Hope there are more opportunities somewhere for them.
    I think it also shows there should be some pretty good players in that league. It won't be at the level of the NFL but it should still be better than college football. They are using aspiring NFL and FBS officials so they are trying to get the best they can all over the field. I'm definitely curious to check it out. A friend of mine is the head stats guy for the Falcons, and the hired him to train the stats people from the other teams. They had top secret exhibition games last weekend in San Antonio where they played a couple games and allowed all the game ops people rehearse their roles. One of the things he said they did was practice a "Flex Cam". The cameras were going to different parts of the stadium where nobody was sitting and showing it on the big screen. They also did a halftime with marching bands although there was no band on the field. They used some archive footage from an actual halftime show at the Alamo Dome to make it look real. He said the entire experience was very surreal.

One of the key things he shared was they will have no TV time outs. They expect games to be done in 2:30. There has to be some ad revenue so he's assuming it will be split screen during parts of the game or some kind of on field on screen scrolling for ads.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I think it also shows there should be some pretty good players in that league. It won't be at the level of the NFL but it should still be better than college football. They are using aspiring NFL and FBS officials so they are trying to get the best they can all over the field. I'm definitely curious to check it out. A friend of mine is the head stats guy for the Falcons, and the hired him to train the stats people from the other teams. They had top secret exhibition games last weekend in San Antonio where they played a couple games and allowed all the game ops people rehearse their roles. One of the things he said they did was practice a "Flex Cam". The cameras were going to different parts of the stadium where nobody was sitting and showing it on the big screen. They also did a halftime with marching bands although there was no band on the field. They used some archive footage from an actual halftime show at the Alamo Dome to make it look real. He said the entire experience was very surreal.

One of the key things he shared was they will have no TV time outs. They expect games to be done in 2:30. There has to be some ad revenue so he's assuming it will be split screen during parts of the game or some kind of on field on screen scrolling for ads.
    The more I learn about the AAF the more I like it.

There will also be no kickoffs. Teams will start at their own 25 after their opponent scores. There is an option to replace onside kicks. If you chose to do this you'll get one play at your own 28 with a 4th and 12 (thus a big line--40--is the line to gain). They chose this distance because the conversion rate is similar to an onside kick.

https://aaf.com/safe-to-say-on-side-...ate-excitement

The article doesn't state you can't try the onside conversion every time though. You can only try the Onside Conversion if you are down by 17 points at any time in the game, or if you are behind at all in the last 5 minutes of the game. That would have prevented the Saints surprise onside kick to start the 2nd half of the Super Bowl against the Colts.

What channel are these games going to be televised?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    What channel are these games going to be televised?
    I believe CBS

I would suppose they get picked later as injuries happen?

Doesn't surprise me. FBS players will usually get chosen over FCS players. Have to clearly stand out coming from FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. FBS players will usually get chosen over FCS players. Have to clearly stand out coming from FCS.
    The Bison that surprised me was Andre Martin on the Salt Lake Stallions roster -- been awhile since he's played. I see now that he's been put on the Injured list...

https://www.oursportscentral.com/ser...date/n-5437289
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)