Page 153 of 257 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2566

Thread: Bison in the NFL

Default Re: Bison in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Are we moving Humber & M Will to Retirement Status yet? If Not, they deserve a day of recognition this fall at a NDSU game! wow.
    When I spoke to Marcus in April, it was not his plan to be done playing. If no one calls, though, his new restaurant is an excellent backup plan. I haven't got a clue about Ramon's status.

ESPN's beat writers listed final 53 man roster predictions for all 32 teams: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...l-32-nfl-teams

They project Deluca will make it. They project Stick, Volson, Shepherd, and Bruce Anderson will be cut. Both the Chargers and Packers guys mentioned that Stick and Shepherd are likely to be signed to their respective practice squads if they clear waivers.

And obviously Wentz, Turner, Board, and Haeg are all expected to be rostered.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    ESPN's beat writers listed final 53 man roster predictions for all 32 teams: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...l-32-nfl-teams

They project Deluca will make it. They project Stick, Volson, Shepherd, and Bruce Anderson will be cut. Both the Chargers and Packers guys mentioned that Stick and Shepherd are likely to be signed to their respective practice squads if they clear waivers.

Stick and Shep NOT making it would be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Stick and Shep NOT making it would be surprising.
    Stick surprises me. Shep I think is just trying to climb too steep a slope to go from rookie minicamp player to the final 53 all in his first offseason. The fact he wasn't even an UDFA after the draft means no one else was very high on him. I'd guess the Packers think they won't have any issues with him clearing waivers and get him on the practice squad. Then they've got him ready if they put St Brown on the IR-designated to return or if another WR goes down.

But maybe the stuff he's put on tape during the preseason has opened other teams' eyes. This Vikings fan wouldn't be heartbroken to see him get picked up on waivers or plucked from their practice squad by another team if the Packers cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

"The cuts must be made by 4 p.m. ET on Saturday."

...NFL Cut deadline is also kick-off time at Target field. My oh my...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gotta be tough under this system of cuts all happening on the same day over the course of several hours. I'd hate to be sitting on the bubble. At least before, it could happen anytime, which would let players have a chance to put it to the back of their minds. I'd guess that's not happening today.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Gotta be tough under this system of cuts all happening on the same day over the course of several hours. I'd hate to be sitting on the bubble. At least before, it could happen anytime, which would let players have a chance to put it to the back of their minds. I'd guess that's not happening today.
    I forget the exact number, but an article I read recently said something over 1000 football players will be out of a job by the end of today.

edit:
    32(90-53)=1184

2019 NFL Week 1:

Carson Wentz
    Joe Haeg
    Billy Turner
    Chris Board
    Darrius Shepherd
    Easton Stick

Humber & M Will officially Retired I believe...

Anderson, Volson, Deluca still hoping to catch on.
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 09-04-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    2019 NFL Week 1:

Carson Wentz
    Joe Haeg
    Billy Turner
    Chris Board
    Darrius Shepherd

Practice Squad: Easton Stick

Humber & M Will officially Retired I believe...

Anderson, Volson, Deluca still hoping to catch on.
    Stick on the practice squad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!