Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Gabe Lloyd | TE/DE

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Gabe Lloyd | TE/DE

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Wow, I didn't know he actually played this year. I must have missed it...
    He didn’t! Ten char

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonforever View Post
    He didn’t! Ten char
    Seemed like every time I looked for him at Wisconsin, he was injured. He comes here and . . . Injured. I don’t know why, but he could never get/stay on the field. Seems like his weight never got past 225-230 too which always surprised me for a guy coming in at 215. TEs come to NDSU all the time at 6’5 215-220, and they leave at 245-255. Would have liked to see 5 years of Kramer.

It was a tough go of it for Gabe. I wish him well after football.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Seemed like every time I looked for him at Wisconsin, he was injured. He comes here and . . . Injured. I don’t know why, but he could never get/stay on the field. Seems like his weight never got past 225-230 too which always surprised me for a guy coming in at 215. TEs come to NDSU all the time at 6’5 215-220, and they leave at 245-255. Would have liked to see 5 years of Kramer.

It was a tough go of it for Gabe. I wish him well after football.
    Guessing its tough to put on weight when you are not healthy. Maybe just not really his body type too. Who knows.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Guessing its tough to put on weight when you are not healthy. Maybe just not really his body type too. Who knows.
    Sometimes coaches will project height and frame based on parents and Doug was a good 4 inches shorter. Some guys are just lankier. But I think he was plenty big to play TE as a pass catcher. His problem was trying to learn an offense is 1 football season. That's why I'm never a fan of a 1 year transfer. 2 or 3 years is worth it in some cases since we play long ass seasons. Either way good luck to him

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Wow, I didn't know he actually played this year. I must have missed it...
    Ok.
    Grand Forks is the Youngstown of North Dakota.