Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Gabe Lloyd | TE/DE

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Gabe Lloyd | TE/DE

Remember when the Bison lost him to the Badger. Hope he finds a spot on the Bison where he can be productive.

this is fantastic. he was buried at Wisconsin but might flourish here
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Remember when he chose the Badgers... can't blame him for giving it a shot with Wisconsin.

With that said, thrilled to see he is back!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is this a new thing for us? FBS transfers have rarely panned out for us, which is why we haven't done it much in our history. I know that there's a legacy thing going on here but is it REALLY any different? Does our coaching staff think that the last 15 years of recruiting efforts didn't work out well enough that we need to bring in kids that other schools used to want? What happened to focusing on development of young men for 5 years?

Maybe he's awesome, I don't know. I stopped paying attention when he chose a different school when it mattered most. I know that kids grow up and situations change. I just don't see how this is any different than the past.

Why is our recruiting strategy changing? It is at the very core of what makes NDSU Football what it is.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Is this a new thing for us? FBS transfers have rarely panned out for us, which is why we haven't done it much in our history. I know that there's a legacy thing going on here but is it REALLY any different? Does our coaching staff think that the last 15 years of recruiting efforts didn't work out well enough that we need to bring in kids that other schools used to want? What happened to focusing on development of young men for 5 years?

Maybe he's awesome, I don't know. I stopped paying attention when he chose a different school when it mattered most. I know that kids grow up and situations change. I just don't see how this is any different than the past.

Why is our recruiting strategy changing? It is at the very core of what makes NDSU Football what it is.
    too many pwos last 2 years & borderline talent.
    thats alright to take on a FBS guy or 2-3. So many kids in Transfer portal its what 2021 has become so embrace it
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post

2 year Juco players are almost always a bust. 1 year players are even lower. It takes a year to learn the system. By the time he learns he will be gone. Now if we can squeeze an extra year it's slightly better.. Meanwhile we could lose out on a quality 4 year development player. For that reason I don't like this signing at all unless he is a walk on. Bad roster management IMO. How about a corner or running back? The only time I like a transfer is 3 years of eligibility
    Last edited by HerdBot; 03-09-2021 at 02:16 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anyway we use him in the slot to create some match up problems? Same way we used to use Illies and Albers by creating some mismatches by personnel groupings. Both those guys were considered tight ends but I recall Illies doing very little blocking in the box.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does anyone know if he can just come in and play right away since it seems like he didn't play fall season?

Maybe that is why it was said he may potentially be able to play 2 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Does anyone know if he can just come in and play right away since it seems like he didn't play fall season?

Maybe that is why it was said he may potentially be able to play 2 seasons?
    Gabe was just on the Hot Mic show with Izzo.

He said that he will be playing this fall. Will need to ask for a medical waiver for another year. He missed an entire season and most of another with a foot injury.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    2 year Juco players are almost always a bust. 1 year players are even lower. It takes a year to learn the system. By the time he learns he will be gone. Now if we can squeeze an extra year it's slightly better.. Meanwhile we could lose out on a quality 4 year development player. For that reason I don't like this signing at all unless he is a walk on. Bad roster management IMO. How about a corner or running back? The only time I like a transfer is 3 years of eligibility
    Every school in America is changing their approach to transfers. Love or hate... its here.
    College of Business Alumnus