Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NDSU Dev. Foundation Nearing Complete Ownership of 1600 Block

Default Re: NDSU Dev. Foundation Nearing Complete Ownership of 1600 Block

A few years ago when we had the old ugly BSA with the white siding and right across the street some old rental houses. Talk about a totally different vibe and first impression for visitors. Going south on University you got the SHAC to the right and this directly across the street... hopefully the retail isn't something stale and lame

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    A few years ago when we had the old ugly BSA with the white siding and right across the street some old rental houses. Talk about a totally different vibe and first impression for visitors. Going south on University you got the SHAC to the right and this directly across the street... hopefully the retail isn't something stale and lame

Is there a plan for a enclosed raised walkway over University Drive?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Is there a plan for a enclosed raised walkway over University Drive?
    This isn't Grand Forks..m
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Yeah, the time is coming. NDSU needs room to expand, sorry that encroaches on the Roosevelt neighborhood but it is what it is. Not sure what these people living next to a major university expected would happen.
    Considering all of the open space west and north of the university at one time Im sure they didnt think the U would expand east in to a residential neighborhood.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Considering all of the open space west and north of the university at one time Im sure they didnt think the U would expand east in to a residential neighborhood.
    I think this expansion has more to do with convenient locations. These spots will be premium and a 2-5 minute walk to the heart of campus. Heck if your a student athlete it's a 30 second walk to the SHAC. Like literally across the street

Most of those houses were worn down rentals anyways so it's not like families are getting relocated. Heck most were rentals almost 20 years old when I was in school

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

I think this expansion has more to do with convenient locations. These spots will be premium and a 2-5 minute walk to the heart of campus. Heck if your a student athlete it's a 30 second walk to the SHAC. Like literally across the street

Most of those houses were worn down rentals anyways so it's not like families are getting relocated. Heck most were rentals almost 20 years old when I was in school
    As someone who lived on the 1600 block, it's not a 2-5 minute walk to the heart of campus. Not even close.

I think this is really good for the university AND the city of Fargo. I hope this type of development keeps popping up around the school.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    As someone who lived on the 1600 block, it's not a 2-5 minute walk to the heart of campus. Not even close.
    Guess it depends where you were walking or jogging to. 2 -1/2 blocks to Centennial Blvd is as close as it gets.

Guess it depends where you were walking or jogging to. 2 -1/2 blocks to Centennial Blvd is as close as it gets.
    I'd say the Union is the heart. Centennial is the carotid artery. Didn't help me at all...I had to take the bus downtown anyway.