Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: K-State's new football complex

Default Re: K-State's new football complex

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    I think there's a middle ground to be reached. I don't think there's any need to go full Oregon on it, but little elements here and there go a long way. I think for the most part, our facilities and amenities for FCS are pretty damn good. However it's a reality that you have to always strive for more in every sense as a university. Look at what NDSU has done and is doing to improve facilities on campus. I don't think the staff will ever stop recruiting the character kids first. BUT, if you can increase your chances of pulling one of those kids away from a crappy FBS school with better facilities by putting some effort into stepping up our facilities a little, I think it's worth it. Should we have an indoor practice facility, absolutely. Does it need to rival YSU's or SDSU's, certainly. Does it need to rival someone like Alabama's, nope.
    Considering SDSU's field is smaller than a regular football field, it shouldn't be that tough to match it. All the cool stuff they have in their facility we already will have in the SHAC, Dome, and indoor track facility. All we need is a building with a full sized field with a 2nd practice locker room (so players don't have to bring their stuff from the dome locker rooms), restrooms, storage, and maybe an on site taping or refueling station. I don't think we even need to move the coaching offices or the meeting rooms since we already have them in the dome and they are really nice to begin with.

Do it in 2 phases. Phase 1 would be the indoor practice field and practice locker rooms. Phase 2 we could do the coaching offices or a player lounge with pool tables and all the cool stuff the big dogs have. In a dream scenario you could add a building specifically to accommodate the campers in the summer or add a skywalk but I think that's kind of pussy.

At the end of the day with the bubble, IPF, ITF, and dome it would be the largest collection of indoor buildings from anywhere near by. I heard ML say that with the bubble it's the largest collection of indoor facilities from Minneapolis to seattle. That's a good way to wow people.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You mean all the Big 12 teams or NDSU?

We do more with less when con pared to the big dogs. But it'd tough to say we spend a lot at the FCS level.

Comparing power 5 schools is like comparing Donald Trump to Mark Cuban
    Donald Trump net worth: $4B Mark Cuban net Worth: $3B A billion dollars is a lot of money. Is that a fair comparison? JK, they both could lose a couple of billion and still be filthy rich.

Considering SDSU's field is smaller than a regular football field, it shouldn't be that tough to match it. All the cool stuff they have in their facility we already will have in the SHAC, Dome, and indoor track facility. All we need is a building with a full sized field with a 2nd practice locker room (so players don't have to bring their stuff from the dome locker rooms), restrooms, storage, and maybe an on site taping or refueling station. I don't think we even need to move the coaching offices or the meeting rooms since we already have them in the dome and they are really nice to begin with.

Do it in 2 phases. Phase 1 would be the indoor practice field and practice locker rooms. Phase 2 we could do the coaching offices or a player lounge with pool tables and all the cool stuff the big dogs have. In a dream scenario you could add a building specifically to accommodate the campers in the summer or add a skywalk but I think that's kind of pussy.

At the end of the day with the bubble, IPF, ITF, and dome it would be the largest collection of indoor buildings from anywhere near by. I heard ML say that with the bubble it's the largest collection of indoor facilities from Minneapolis to seattle. That's a good way to wow people.
    When we build our bigger stadium, the dome could become the IPF.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    When we build our bigger stadium, the dome could become the IPF.
    Thats the 500 million dollar question. Not chump change compared to a 10 million dollar IPF.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

A building to accommodate campers?? You mean Reed-Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    A building to accommodate campers?? You mean Reed-Johnson?
    No not for sleeping. Space for other stuff. ... like I said a dream scenerio