Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coastal Carolina to FBS?

Default Re: Coastal Carolina to FBS?

Congrats Carolina!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I'm not a great baseball strategy mind, but is that really the prevailing wisdom? Regardless of where this specific ball was hit, I would think that in this type of situation you'd rather end the game at home.

The next batter is going to end the game well over 50% of the time (60% of the time in the case of this specific last batter), so why leave the tying run standing on 3rd if he has better than a 50% (40%) chance of scoring?

I get that it's a judgement call for the 3rd base coach, but I'd rather err on the side of aggression here.
    The winning run was right behind since it was a double. That left 2 men on in scoring position, a base hit wins it. The play at home wouldn't have been even 50/50. A good throw would have easily got him at home plate. The pitcher was really struggling with control and was barely able to get through the inning. Now me, I wave him home because I hate small ball, but I get the rational behind holding him.

Who would have thought those are baseballs hanging from that cocks chin. huh

Congrats on the Natty!!!!!!!

Very cool for Chants. It would be interesting to see how Bison fans would react if NDSU ever made the CWS. I remember attending [one of the] years Nebraska made it and they took over Rosenblatt.... With the facilities we have in Newman Field, one would think we should be able to recruit and challenge for a spot in regionals regularly. It was great watching the Bison on ESPN vs. Oregon State two years ago. With our nice, on-campus stadium, if we started winning regularly, baseball could potentially become a revenue producing sport for NDSU. The success of our softball program shows you can recruit to and win in cold-climates.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Very cool for Chants. It would be interesting to see how Bison fans would react if NDSU ever made the CWS. I remember attending [one of the] years Nebraska made it and they took over Rosenblatt.... With the facilities we have in Newman Field, one would think we should be able to recruit and challenge for a spot in regionals regularly. It was great watching the Bison on ESPN vs. Oregon State two years ago. With our nice, on-campus stadium, if we started winning regularly, baseball could potentially become a revenue producing sport for NDSU. The success of our softball program shows you can recruit to and win in cold-climates.
    I have already been authorized to work from our Omaha headquarters if I ever want to attend the CWS. So if NDSU would make it I am there...

We have to be top 16 to host a regional

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I have already been authorized to work from our Omaha headquarters if I ever want to attend the CWS. So if NDSU would make it I am there...
    NDSU in Omaha for a week for the CWS would make NDSU in Frisco look like a bunch of tee-totalers.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I'm not a great baseball strategy mind, but is that really the prevailing wisdom? Regardless of where this specific ball was hit, I would think that in this type of situation you'd rather end the game at home.

The next batter is going to end the game well over 50% of the time (60% of the time in the case of this specific last batter), so why leave the tying run standing on 3rd if he has better than a 50% (40%) chance of scoring?

I get that it's a judgement call for the 3rd base coach, but I'd rather err on the side of aggression here.
    The quick relay from the left-fielder to the cut-off man made it nearly impossible for the runner to get all the way home from 1st. The only way the runner would have scored is if the ball was badly overthrown to the catcher (and pitcher backing up the catcher). I believe the ESPN commentators said the runner would have been out by 40 feet had he tried running home. Here's the highlight video from the NCAA website: http://www.ncaa.com/video/baseball/2...ree-highlights
    Hail the BISON!!!

Did not realize that golfer Dustin Johnson is also from Coastal Carolina. What a unique stretch of success for the Beach Chickens! NCAA champs in baseball and a US Open Golf champ.

Was wondering how old Johnson was (32) as he looks to be kicking into his best golf. With Johnson's win yesterday at the Bridgestone Invitational he moves past Jordan Spieth and is now #2 ranked in the world behind Jason Day.

And Wikipedia listed his partner as being Paulina Gretzky.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The quick relay from the left-fielder to the cut-off man made it nearly impossible for the runner to get all the way home from 1st. The only way the runner would have scored is if the ball was badly overthrown to the catcher (and pitcher backing up the catcher). I believe the ESPN commentators said the runner would have been out by 40 feet had he tried running home. Here's the highlight video from the NCAA website: http://www.ncaa.com/video/baseball/2...ree-highlights
    Yeah that was way closer than it originally sounded. The ball was almost back to the infield when he made it to 3rd. No question you have to stay put there.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.