Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Ross Kennelly OLB

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Ross Kennelly OLB

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    My god is this kid a football player. He has some of the best highlights I've seen and they are from his junior year. Hasn't even come close to peaking. This kid could probably play on offense but damn he's not just a finesse speedy guy. Kid runs with authority and loves contact. Shoots the gaps like a missle. Kid will be able to dominate I'm space. His cuts and footwork actually kind of remind me of John Crockett coming out of high school. This kid has Travis Beck type potential. Super excited. Can't believe he hasn't gotten more offers. Not only is he good, he has a great attitude and wants to be here. This is a home run
    From the footage I watched, I could see him being another Heagle as a Safety. Hits hard and has a natural knack to find the ball. Good stuff!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    From the footage I watched, I could see him being another Heagle as a Safety. Hits hard and has a natural knack to find the ball. Good stuff!
    My thoughts exactly, usually I'm the only one posting at this time of the night so I took my time reading threads and I was going to post later...but I concur, he would fit in nicely at safety.

He plays with a lot of passion, honey badger.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I think he looks like a hybrid safety / linebacker. I think the coaches like to take guys who would have adequate safety speed and move them to linebacker where they have amazing speed. He's a bit undersized at linebacker but so was Beck. Speed and quickness is this kids game but he can hit too

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Nice article on Ross Kennelly and NDSU baseball commit Nick Emanuel

One Division I offer was all Ross Kennelly needed.

On the eve of his final prep football season, Superior’s game-changing linebacker and running back announced his verbal commitment to Football Championship Subdivision behemoth North Dakota State, the four-time defending national champs.''

Kennelly, impossibly modest and, a year ago, the first junior to serve as a captain for (Coach) DeMeyer,
    also had offers from Division II powers Minnesota Duluth and Minnesota State-Mankato.

“After that visit (NDSU), I figured out that that’s the place I wanted to be,”
    the reigning Big Rivers Conference Defensive Player of the Year said.

Last year, the 6-foot, 190-pounder racked up 125 total tackles and six sacks as Superior enjoyed a banner 11-1 season that ended in the Division 2 quarterfinals. He also rushed for 855 yards and 12 touchdowns — to go along with five receiving TDs — en route to earning All-BRC and All-State first-team accolades.
    The Superior Spartans were 11-1 last season, reaching the Wisconsin Division 2 quarterfinals.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/spo...h-dakota-state

http://www.wdio.com/article/stories/S3869491.shtml
    Last edited by bruinbison; 08-06-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Ross Kennelly named All-State in Wisconsin......

Superior linebacker Ross Kennelly on Monday was named to the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association All-State first team for the second time in as many years.

The 6-foot, 205-pound North Dakota State recruit, who has played a leading role in the Spartans’ recent resurgence, totaled a team-high 109 tackles, including 18 for loss, and had three sacks.

Offensively, Kennelly rushed for 870 yards and 12 touchdowns.

His teammates, seniors Beau Girard and Keegan Stanley, were named All-State honorable mention at defensive back and offensive line, respectively.
    http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/spo...-football-team

I hope I don't jinx the kid, but I just wanted to shout out some kudos to Ross Kennelly on his transition and performance as long snapper. Prior to this season, lots of us mentioned special teams as a potential weakness of the 2018 squad. And one of the spots we wondered about was how to replace James Fisher, our veteran long snapper. Long snapping is one of those positions where the only time they talk about you is when you screw up. I paid special attention to Kennelly during the Illinois St game. Every snap was straight into the eyes of the punter. And then he topped off his performance by the play where he hustled down and had a shot at saving that ball from going into the end zone. Great job, Ross! Great transition from linebacker to snapper! A true example of contributing to the team.... well done.