Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Watch Parties

Default 2015 Watch Parties

I thought I'd start a thread for us out-of-towners to post in throughout the year.

I'm taking a stab at hosting my first watch party. If anyone has friends/relatives in the south metro Denver area (Littleton, Centennial, Highlands Ranch, Englewood, Castle Rock, Parker, etc.) who are Bison fans, please let them know. I'd like to get a decent turnout so I can do this every week. This is a brand new place, and it's pretty nice:

http://www.theboardroomsportsbar.com

A link to the watch parties on the Alumni site:

http://www.ndsualumni.com/GameWatchLocations
    Last edited by bri-dog; 07-29-2015 at 04:41 PM.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Default Re: 2015 Watch Parties

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I thought I'd start a thread for us out-of-owners to post in throughout the year.

I'm taking a stab at hosting my first watch party. If anyone has friends/relatives in the south metro Denver area (Littleton, Centennial, Highlands Ranch, Englewood, Castle Rock, Parker, etc.) who are Bison fans, please let them know. I'd like to get a decent turnout so I can do this every week. This is a brand new place, and it's pretty nice:

A link to the watch parties on the Alumni site:

http://www.ndsualumni.com/GameWatchLocations

That's an easy drive for me coming up from Colorado Springs. Hopefully, the traffic isn't as bad on Saturdays as it is on Sundays for Broncos games. Either way, I'll be there for the games I'm not going to this season.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I thought I'd start a thread for us out-of-owners to post in throughout the year.

I love being an "out-of-owner". I can actually play golf and hanf out at the bar without the constant nagging.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    I love being an "out-of-owner". I can actually play golf and hanf out at the bar without the constant nagging.
    I'm REALLY going to have to get used to this damn new Macbook or figure and some settings. Got this one reset, I think, so it doesn't autocorrect. Let's try this.

out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners out-of-towners

Okay, I think it's fixed.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Will be there yards signs for giveaways and if we need more room, can we take out the supports in each corner and add more chairs?

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    Will be there yards signs for giveaways and if we need more room, can we take out the supports in each corner and add more chairs?
    They just remodeled; corner supports were removed. I can bring a few yard signs. They say "Caution, Pesticides Applied" that I got from my lawn-care company. How's that?

Save that sign for the UN_ game

I didn't think this warranted a new thread, so hopefully I'll get some feedback here.

For the watch party I'm hosting, I thought it would be cool to have (in addition to my rosters) some sort of fact sheet titled "Bison By The Numbers" or something like that. Some things I thought I'd break out include:

- Number of players by state (maybe even broken down by year).

- Number of players by year (Fr., RFr., So., Jr., Sr.). I thought I might also break down offense and defense by year, and maybe even offensive/defensive starters by year.

Any other suggestions? I just need things that can be easily researched and added in a couple hours or so -- thanks in advance!

Games started/played. Total stats for last season (team). Average stats per game for last season (team). Career best game stats. Always cool to see what the kids are majoring in.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I'm in Denver, and I'm definitely thinking about joining you guys. However, judging from my schedule, it will quite literally be a game time decision. Regardless, I hope you get a solid turnout; I'd love to get a legit viewing experience going here. I tried the Aurora party a couple of times, but it just kinda felt flat.