Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bahamas trip

Default Re: Bahamas trip

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    What do we play in this Bahamas trip?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    They leave monday
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Thanks for the schedule.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I'm a little disappointed in the media coverage of the men's bb team heading into this tournament.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by westnodak93bison; 08-10-2015 at 01:28 PM.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

They left Fargo this morning:

NDSU Basketball ‏@NDSUmbb · 4h4 hours ago
    Early start for the Bison today. We're on the first leg of our trip to Nassau, Bahamas. Great opportunity for our student-athletes.

533 In a row

Good luck to the team, a little get away to the Bahamas right before school starts isn't a bad gig.

Also note Chris Kading is not eligible to make the trip to the Bahamas. His red-shirt year is the year the team went to Canada and each player is only allowed one foreign trip. I think Chris might have gotten the short end of the stick on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Also note Chris Kading is not eligible to make the trip to the Bahamas. His red-shirt year is the year the team went to Canada and each player is only allowed one foreign trip. I think Chris might have gotten the short end of the stick on this one...
    Which I think is a very stupid rule by the NCAA. Kid can't help that the trip landed on his redshirt year. It's not like he redshirted to go on another trip.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Which I think is a very stupid rule by the NCAA. Kid can't help that the trip landed on his redshirt year. It's not like he redshirted to go on another trip.
    Did he go to Canada with the team? If this is the case, then schools knowing they are going to take advantage of leaving the country every four years need to consider that when they redshirt a guy. Schools know the rules and during that trip four years ago, they must have though Kading would benefit most then rather than worrying about when he was a rSR and the team takes another trip. The way the box scores look, most of the US colleges really use the time to work in their underclassman. Most of the leading scorers are not their regular starters coming back. It looks a lot like summer league games with their normal bench guys or new starters carrying the load. He probably wouldn't have played much anyways.

I am also guessing there is someone else on the roster what would benefit more than Kading with the minutes right now. This experience is a bonus for the team and getting available minutes for some younger guys to work with most of the other players is a serious advantage. Kading will fit back in come season time.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Did he go to Canada with the team? If this is the case, then schools knowing they are going to take advantage of leaving the country every four years need to consider that when they redshirt a guy. Schools know the rules and during that trip four years ago, they must have though Kading would benefit most then rather than worrying about when he was a rSR and the team takes another trip. The way the box scores look, most of the US colleges really use the time to work in their underclassman. Most of the leading scorers are not their regular starters coming back. It looks a lot like summer league games with their normal bench guys or new starters carrying the load. He probably wouldn't have played much anyways.

I am also guessing there is someone else on the roster what would benefit more than Kading with the minutes right now. This experience is a bonus for the team and getting available minutes for some younger guys to work with most of the other players is a serious advantage. Kading will fit back in come season time.
    I guess my point isn't to let him play or get minutes, just be with the team. The team bonding over a week is HUGE when you're out of town. Just to be with the guys, teaching them things (especially the young guys) and even himself learning some things just from watching/being with the team. And if I remember right, he didn't redshirt right away, but I could be wrong.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.