Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bison/Griz watch party -- Ice Cracking Lodge

Default Bison/Griz watch party -- Ice Cracking Lodge

Anyone in the Juggler / Elbow Lake / Bad Medicine / Ice Cracking / Round Lake area on game day, come on over. I talked to the owner, and I reserved 10-15 spots just for our Bad Medicine crew. She said they get quite a few Bison fans in there on game days.

Nothing formal through NDSU, just throwing it out there as an option for anyone that will be out enjoying the northern Becker County lakes area that weekend.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Default Re: Bison/Griz watch party -- Ice Cracking Lodge

I'll probably be doing the same at Charlies bar by Height of Land lake. My cabin is right across the road so I'm not driving lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I'll probably be doing the same at Charlies bar by Height of Land lake. My cabin is right across the road so I'm not driving lol
    They really let the old Hansons Flyway go to crap didnt they. That used to be a fun place a long time ago. Had a beautiful bar at one time also.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They really let the old Hansons Flyway go to crap didnt they. That used to be a fun place a long time ago. Had a beautiful bar at one time also.
    Changing ownership Aug 1st supposedly. Met the new owners as he is a local...not worried anymore. Guy has a chef hired already, I'm pretty excited. Old store across the road will be renovated to hopefully be a store like Four Corners...couldn't be happier. That said, I always have a blast at Charlie's, they just had a live band the Friday before the fourth which was really pretty fun.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Changing ownership Aug 1st supposedly. Met the new owners as he is a local...not worried anymore. Guy has a chef hired already, I'm pretty excited. Old store across the road will be renovated to hopefully be a store like Four Corners...couldn't be happier. That said, I always have a blast at Charlie's, they just had a live band the Friday before the fourth which was really pretty fun.
    So Charlies sold out?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

So Charlies sold out?
    It was called Little Lebenon alooooong time ago. Dont know why they called it that.

I may have to check Charlies out sometime. We are on Cotton Lake, so we normally end up going to Curly's or into DL bars if we go out. I've driven by Height many times, I didn't know there was a bar over that way. Learn something new every day.

Plus I'm still deciding where to watch the Griz game. It'd be nice to watch it with other Bison fans, and we've decided to go to the cabin that weekend instead of Missoula.

It was called Little Lebenon alooooong time ago. Dont know why they called it that.
    Jerry, the owner, is Lebanese I think. You still get served Lebanese bread with your all you can eat ribs on Fridays. I think he's sort of lost interest in it and is having some health issues. We'll be interesting to see if he actually does do something with the store across the road.

Quote Originally Posted by mgbison View Post
    I may have to check Charlies out sometime. We are on Cotton Lake, so we normally end up going to Curly's or into DL bars if we go out. I've driven by Height many times, I didn't know there was a bar over that way. Learn something new every day.

Plus I'm still deciding where to watch the Griz game. It'd be nice to watch it with other Bison fans, and we've decided to go to the cabin that weekend instead of Missoula.
    Part of the problem at Charlie's is the sporadic hours. If it's slow, a lot of times they will be closed by 7-8pm. We never know if/when they will be open so we generally have to look for the lighted signs and cars in the parking lot. I know the new owner said that is going to be one of the first things he will change because so many people won't stop thinking it's closed(or it actually IS closed). The pizza is the best item, save for the all you can eat ribs on Fridays - just don't get the taco pizza, my friends said it was awful. I'm guessing the food will change quite a bit once the new owner takes over.
    check neg rep

I thought you were going?!?!

Brew Bar in Perham (Alex belquist) they might be doing a tailgate party via BISONATION.com. Stay tuned!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?