Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: schedule?

Default Re: schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Season starts with a loss to crookston and ends in last place and no trip to sf. Is that dehoffs fault too? At least coach up the players we have and compete is all I ask. I think Lemar at least made us look like a d1 type of team last year. But what a fall off this season.
    Are you done or are you going to bitch all the way until next season?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Are you done or are you going to bitch all the way until next season?
    She's not wrong. I watched last weekend's game and well let's just say there wasn't a whole lot of good things to say about the program after watching that.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    She's not wrong. I watched last weekend's game and well let's just say there wasn't a whole lot of good things to say about the program after watching that.
    That's been a given all year. The reasons have been dissed at length. But she just won't let it go. Beat that dead horse.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The biggest issue here is people just don't give a damn anymore about the program. Sure we have the loyal hoop fans, but the overall fan base could care less because they have been terrible for so many years. I mean we just missed out on going to the conference tournament, we are the only team in the whole conference not going to Sioux Falls. That pretty freaking embarrassing if you ask me.

Just amazingly sad how far this program has fallen, USD and SDSU have proven you can be successful in this region. Not one damn reason why we cant be right there with them.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    The program wasn't going anywhere with DeHoff either, that's my problem with all of her posts. DeHoff was recruiting against schools like UMary,Jamestown, and MSUM for players and several times offered scholarships to players that those schools weren't even recruiting. DeHoff was lucky enough to have a couple of studs like Katie Birkel, Inger Hodgson, Ashley Samuelson, and Abby Plucker already committed to the program/already here before she got hired. She had early success because of those players that were already here. DeHoff's struggle to recruit was very obvious amongst her colleagues and this isn't a secret. I highly doubt Bisonionette this critical of DeHoff when she was here.

Sounds like an opportunity to get some very nice season tickets in the new arena.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So who's staying and who's bailing as far as players? Is SJ going to get us over 500 and are we getting any 6'6" centers in here so we can develop a post game? This back court business is way less consistent when it comes to scoring imho. How many scholarships did this program used to have and how many does it have now?
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Dutchman View Post
    The program wasn't going anywhere with DeHoff either, that's my problem with all of her posts. DeHoff was recruiting against schools like UMary,Jamestown, and MSUM for players and several times offered scholarships to players that those schools weren't even recruiting. DeHoff was lucky enough to have a couple of studs like Katie Birkel, Inger Hodgson, Ashley Samuelson, and Abby Plucker already committed to the program/already here before she got hired. She had early success because of those players that were already here. DeHoff's struggle to recruit was very obvious amongst her colleagues and this isn't a secret. I highly doubt Bisonionette this critical of DeHoff when she was here.
    Pay Summit couldn't have come in here and turned this program around overnight. It was known to be a long road and anyone who is hypercritical today about the program is straight up misguided. DeHoff was not only given eternity to run the program into the ground, she was given another eternity to build her own mistakes back up. Until the new regime has a history of poor results, there does need to be some leeway. 2 seasons is not a history.

One hundred percent true. But even this embarrassing season is unacceptable no matter how you slice it. Agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    One hundred percent true. But even this embarrassing season is unacceptable no matter how you slice it. Agree?
    Blame DeHoff for leaving the team in the situation it's currently in because she's the reason why. It was embarrassing that DeHoff went 6 and 24 her last season and only twice in her 6 years they were barely above 500. It was embarrassing that her former boss gave her so long to run the program into the ground like she did. This isn't Maren's fault because she wasn't given a lot to work with. Two seasons with only really one recruiting class to work with is far from enough time to judge her.