Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: schedule?

Default Re: schedule?

Seven players should be signing their LOI next week.

533 In a row

I do think we have the right coach in place to get us back in track...just frustrating to lose to Crookston and cough up a 15 point lead. This year is going to be a tough one, just need to continue to get better and hopefully be playing good ball towards the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    I do think we have the right coach in place to get us back in track...just frustrating to lose to Crookston and cough up a 15 point lead. This year is going to be a tough one, just need to continue to get better and hopefully be playing good ball towards the end of the season.
    Exactly... Winning is important, I get that and believe in that. But when you are faced with rebuilding a program you have to look at it in more ways than just winning.
    1. Is the team better at the end of the year compared to the start of the season?
    2. Have players learned to play together and not making mistakes like they did earlier?
    3. Were they competitive in the games?
    4> Yes at the end of the year we always look at the win loss record. But that does not tell the full story.

Look back at the 3-8 year for the football team. We found ways to lose those games. We were not being blown out, we were competitive in the games. Learn how to finish games and the wins will come.
    We have the right coach in Maren and her staff. Players we have are good and can be improved and added to. Winning will come. Rome was not built in a day.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Lose to UM-Crookston and people talk about just being better at the end of the season? Of course being better at the end of the season is what everyone wants. No excuses...losing to a below average D2 team is never a good thing.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by summitfever View Post
    Lose to UM-Crookston and people talk about just being better at the end of the season? Of course being better at the end of the season is what everyone wants. No excuses...losing to a below average D2 team is never a good thing.

Just a second let me check.... ....... Yep our official record for the year is still 0-0. Lol
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    This here. DeHoff played with a short bench also. 15 scholarships.

How much time does Walsh get? If she is waiting to give scholarships to recruits not even here yet, then it will be 4-5 years before this team can even challenge for the Summit title.

Really sad to see this program where it is at. Always "rebuilding".....
    4-5 years? I highly doubt we need to build a team that will be dominant for 1 year. That's what that formula would be.

I'll give Walseth 5 years easily... she's already had an impact in 1 year. Be patient. New facilities are coming. She's only had 1 year to recruit kids who fit her system

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    Just a second let me check.... ....... Yep our official record for the year is still 0-0. Lol
    For the record I am a Walseth fan. Go ahead and spin the Crookston loss any way you want to make it sound better than it actually is for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by summitfever View Post
    For the record I am a Walseth fan. Go ahead and spin the Crookston loss any way you want to make it sound better than it actually is for yourself.
    This here.

UMC is a mediocre D2 team at best and the Bison lost to them. Says a lot about the talent on the Bison squad. Running out of gas is a poor excuse. We'll see what kind of team Walseth will have in the coming years.

Just sad how far this program has fallen. Will this team get to 5 wins?

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So we were up by 20 middle of the 3rd qtr and let them catch up. Lots of breakdown in everything as they were gassed. No more moving the ball around instead it was pass once and drive the lane or pull up and shoot. Offensive boards and FREE-THROWS killed us. Young team lacked discipline at the end. Obviously they need help in practice with only seven healthy players. Hope this game is a wake up call and MW answers it. But again it was an exhibition game.
    I think if they play as a TEAM for 40 minutes they can finish in the top half of the Summit this year.
    Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    So we were up by 20 middle of the 3rd qtr and let them catch up. Lots of breakdown in everything as they were gassed. No more moving the ball around instead it was pass once and drive the lane or pull up and shoot. Offensive boards and FREE-THROWS killed us. Young team lacked discipline at the end. Obviously they need help in practice with only seven healthy players. Hope this game is a wake up call and MW answers it. But again it was an exhibition game.
    I think if they play as a TEAM for 40 minutes they can finish in the top half of the Summit this year.
    Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk
    Dreaming. The team lost its best player and a pretty good post No real replacement for Brooke and a juco transfer to replace Liz. MW knows this is going to be a tough year and is recruiting and building for next year and beyond. Six wins this year would be a good year and finishing seventh in summit would be an accomplishment