Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanford Pentagon NCAA Mens BB

Default Re: Sanford Pentagon NCAA Mens BB

Wait San dakota state said. "It's a once a lifetime thing for them to play there?" No meeting gandhi is an once in a lifetime thing. Hahaha. Not the bball arena is s falls hahaha. Preposterous statement winner 2015! !
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Plus isn't Minnesota trying to wrap up some fundraising for basketball practice facility... May be a bone thrown to Sanford (Health).
    Yeah, I believe Minnesota will get or has gotten money from Sanford.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Did not know that. Always surprised when folks forget that Sanford Health has its name largely due to U of M incompetence......

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Who is the lead donor to the University on TCF Bank Stadium (other than the State of Minnesota)?

EDIT--OK, other than the Shakopee Sioux.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Who is the lead donor to the University on TCF Bank Stadium (other than the State of Minnesota)?

EDIT--OK, other than the Shakopee Sioux.

Also didn't Denny Sanford contribute a bunch of money to tcf (assuming Sanford Health also contributed)? Guessing even though it is just supposedly a name due to a contribution and no other official connection that Denny likes seeing his name everywhere.. My guess is Sanford is still actively trying to get in or near twin cities market, remember the target center sign that ruffled a few feathers within the Twins brass?

Denny Sanford was going to contribute to TCF stadium but the U had a problem with his conditions IIRC.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Denny Sanford was going to contribute to TCF stadium but the U had a problem with his conditions IIRC.
    If I recall correctly, his $6M was the amount that got the U of M up to the amount they needed to proceed.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    If I recall correctly, his $6M was the amount that got the U of M up to the amount they needed to proceed.
    Maybe so, but farther back in the fund raising he was going to give substantially more than that.

Found this on the startribune website:

In 2003, Sanford pledged $35 million to build an on-campus Gopher football stadium, but the deal unraveled because he wanted full naming rights and other perks.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Maybe so, but farther back in the fund raising he was going to give substantially more than that.

Found this on the startribune website:
    Correct, if I remember from Barriero show from a year or two ago they brought it up that he'd dropped his $35 million donation to $6 million due to overly restrictive naming rights and demands and UM went with TCF for major donations, even though it was less I believe? Guessing there is some bantering going on with the new athletic facility though. Supposedly Lou Nannie has said there is an announcement coming very soon for the past month and a half? Maybe deal is falling through again?